The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else reckon these attempts to sign a winger will see pienaar taking a more central role this season?

What attempts to sign a winger? Have we bid for anyone or are you getting wrapped up in speculation?

If we do sign a winger I feel it will be to add squad depth and to potentially replace Pienaar in the starting XI. I'm of the opinion he's not quite as dynamic as a Martinez forward would need to be.

That said, he'd be another option in the #10 role, and a useful squad member.

we were the ones who announced the bid though...

not really sure what martinez is going on about !

We didn't, the Echo did, followed by Sky and the nationals. We issued a statement after it had been in the newspapers.

There is a concerted effort by Utd to plant stories in the media, that's what they do. Immediately after Martinez press conference today, there was a story up on Goal.com about how United had just submitted a £35m bid.

What attempts to sign a winger? Have we bid for anyone or are you getting wrapped up in speculation?

If we do sign a winger I feel it will be to add squad depth and to potentially replace Pienaar in the starting XI.I'm of the opinion he's not quite as dynamic as a Martinez forward would need to be.

Not sure why calls for pie at to be removed are so consistent. He is still one of our better players

If we do sign a winger I feel it will be to add squad depth and to potentially replace Pienaar in the starting XI.I'm of the opinion he's not quite as dynamic as a Martinez forward would need to be.

Not sure why calls for pienaar to be removed are so consistent. He is still one of our better players

You can almost smell the desperation of the Utd Spin Machine:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ini-sets-sights-moving-Manchester-United.html

However, Sportsmail understands that Fellaini is keen to be given his chance at a really top club before next summer’s World Cup has a potential impact on his value.

'Really top club' - PMSL. No quotes of course. Desperate to quit us, yet still happy at Everton though.

He's guaranteed first team footy every week at us, leading up to the World Cup. Would he play every week at United?

If anything, staying at us and then having a good World Cup would increase the number of clubs interested in him next summer. He'd be a fool to leave us now, especially given United's reluctance to shell out for him.

Remember hearing Piatti's name mentioned a few years ago, and as a very good player.

For the price touted, you really cant say no. Especially him still being only 24 and still able to reach his maximum potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back