The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pmsl at how the Daily Mail knows that Fellaini is thinking "woah, if Belgium do well at the World Cup next year Everton might ask for 25m for me, instead of the 23m they'd accept now!" - knobheads. Awful newspaper.

Remember hearing Piatti's name mentioned a few years ago, and as a very good player.

For the price touted, you really cant say no. Especially him still being only 24 and still able to reach his maximum potential.
He is a little injury prone if I remember correctly isn't he? Aside from that i'd love him here.

Not sure why calls for pienaar to be removed are so consistent. He is still one of our better players

He's technically very good indeed. However Martinez will want a little more snap, a little more pace.
Pienaar is a schemer, Saturday's ball to Jelavic was the perfect example of his art.

Pace is a key asset in this scheme, no-one can deny that is a failing from Pienaar.

He's technically very good indeed. However Martinez will want a little more snap, a little more pace.
Pienaar is a schemer, Saturday's ball to Jelavic was the perfect example of his art.

Pace is a key asset in this scheme, no-one can deny that is a failing from Pienaar.

He may be slow in typical winger type pace, but he is very quick on the ball if that makes sense. Pienaar's quick feet, touch and skill, give him that first few yards advantage that he lacks from not having the pace off the mark.

Considering he mainly comes inside from the wing or is just loading baines up down the flank, don't think his lack of pace matters too much.

Not sure why calls for pienaar to be removed are so consistent. He is still one of our better players

Nor me, my mate works for Norwich at their academy and said that he'd thought Pienaar was decent on saturday. He and Ozzie will come in for some stick this year on here now that Neville is gone, and so will Hibbo if he gets a look in. Dont get it

Never heard of Piatti, according to the Gospel of Wiki he is only 5' 4" tall and plays either wing/2nd striker. I thought I heard read earlier he was a CM? Cant see this, if Martinez saying one more in surely its CM cover? still, for that price he's probably worth a punt

I don't really get the Pienaar thing either mate. Can frustrate, but he is capable of producing something.

Mirallas is the same but people don't want rid of him because he can do step overs.

I don't really get the Pienaar thing either mate. Can frustrate, but he is capable of producing something.

Mirallas is the same but people don't want rid of him because he can do step overs.

Can you imagine EFC fans not having a whipping boy for once?
For one season being happy about every player. And that's not to say every player be brilliant. Cos I have a feeling that even if the squad quality were to improve across the board EFC fans would still find a scapegoat.
Last year Neville and Naismith.
This year Osman and Pienaar.
It's not a helpful quality. I trust in Martinez to at this stage not have any favourites and to play who he feels will get us the wins.

If Barry was to sign, he will be a new whipping boy as well.

Even though i'm not Barry's biggest fan, I would take him if it meant we kept Felli. I'd tell United to do one when they try and get him for 20 million. He will have a great season, and hopefully a boss World Cup as well. Next summer we could be looking at bids in excess of 30 million ( Well, we are going to sell him as that's what we do in the end )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back