The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbokani, top striker in the belgian league. If you think that he'd struggle in this league then you probably haven't be paying attention to how well strikers from that league have done in recent times. He's a decent technician and scores goals. His game is similar to that of lewandowski.

Perhaps you need to pay a bit more attention mate, because he plays for Dynamo Kiev.

Mbokani, top striker in the belgian league. If you think that he'd struggle in this league then you probably haven't be paying attention to how well strikers from that league have done in recent times. He's a decent technician and scores goals. His game is similar to that of lewandowski.

Ali adnan is a fantastic left back prospect. He's fast, very good on the ball and his very big and strong. He's got a fantastic attitude to the game and was recently named in the team of tournament of the recent U20 world cup.

Dos santos is a super talent who lost his way along the road. But if you've been paying attention to his mexico career you'd know that he's lost none of his ability. Our system would get the best out of him provided he gets regular game time. Very versatile to and that's pivotal for a team like ours that can't afford to have a big squad.

Taarabt is very gifted. Just needs the right system and a manager who can get the best out of him.

Quintero is a monster talent. The sort of player that is destined for greatness. Don't really know if he'd have fancied a move to us rather than porto but we could've atleast tried. He was signed for 8 million quid which is criminal considering his talent.

These are players that have been signed recently at prices that we can afford, there are more out there who are still available but because of how late it is in the market, it could be really difficult to convince the teams to let them go. Players like bolly, morrison, saleh gomaah, inui, have real top class potential and we could build a great squad on a budget.

You watch a lot of foreign footie mate? Fair play like.

I think Mbokani would cost a few bob to get from Kiev. Literally know next to nothing about Ali Adnan.

Dos Santos isn't really all that, he's a one in four player, boss against a really crap team at home but not with the consistency or attitude to thrive at a club for that long. He'll end up back in the Mexican league and doing too much bugle and brass before too long.

Taarabt is similar, couldn't manage the step up to the Prem and Barkley is a better option there. Seen a bit of Quintero who looked sound but not enough that I could make a judgement on how he'd do in the Premier League.

I'd quite like Ljajic still. He seems unlikely to stay at Fiorentina. Him and/or Piatti and I'd be made up with this window.

Both of them play in the #10 role don't they?

Wouldn't that potentially be counter productive given Barkley's potential? We have other options there, whereas we have no depth at central midfield.

Both of them play in the #10 role don't they?

Wouldn't that potentially be counter productive given Barkley's potential? We have other options there, whereas we have no depth at central midfield.
I think having a fairly fluid and interchangeable lot of players up front is no bad thing. Piatti could play left I think could he not?
You are right that we are still light in the middle. Im tactically crap when it comes to daydreaming about transfers, I really didn't think it through.

Q. How much have Everton handed over in cash for this summer transfers?

*Hint - Don,t add up the full quoted transfer value - deals are done in structured payments with some up fron now and the rest spread over the contract.

* Another Hint - Kone - we offered 1m upfront as part of the entire fee - Rejected
We offfered 1.5m up front and then the circus started.

Use that as a rule of thumb to determine how much we have spent this summer on transfer targerts in terms of the cash handed over this summer for thoses 4 deals.

Q. How much have Everton handed over in cash for this summer transfers?

*Hint - Don,t add up the full quoted transfer value - deals are done in structured payments with some up fron now and the rest spread over the contract.

* Another Hint - Kone - we offered 1m upfront as part of the entire fee - Rejected
We offfered 1.5m up front and then the circus started.

Use that as a rule of thumb to determine how much we have spent this summer on transfer targerts in terms of the cash handed over this summer for thoses 4 deals.

But by the same reckoning, don't we also have to factor in Kev, Jelly, etc, and probably Coleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back