The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q. How much have Everton handed over in cash for this summer transfers?

*Hint - Don,t add up the full quoted transfer value - deals are done in structured payments with some up fron now and the rest spread over the contract.

* Another Hint - Kone - we offered 1m upfront as part of the entire fee - Rejected
We offfered 1.5m up front and then the circus started.

Use that as a rule of thumb to determine how much we have spent this summer on transfer targerts in terms of the cash handed over this summer for thoses 4 deals.

You can't spread transfer fees over the contract length for players bought in this country, they have to be paid within 12 months.

For all the fluidity, we do require somebody to anchor midfield, I agree. I'd always liked Capoue but obviously that ship has sailed. I cant think of anybody else to do the job off the top of my head.

Exactly. Look at the bodies the big guns have in those spots; it's a modern day 'anchor'. Athletic, pacy, direct.

Capoue, Fernandinho, Ramires, Paulinho, Essien.

An M'Villa or a Gonalons or a Khedira would be smashing

Exactly. Look at the bodies the big guns have in those spots; it's a modern day 'anchor'. Athletic, pacy, direct.

Capoue, Fernandinho, Ramires, Paulinho, Essien.

An M'Villa or a Gonalons or a Khedira would be smashing
Aye, I like Gonalons. Really rather depends what we have at our disposal budget-wise. The little I have seen of Kondogbia I like as well. It's a difficult position to fill at the moment with a quality addition. They seem quite in demand.
Lassana Diarra maybe?

Last edited:

Hmm, that's what i thought,but is that just amongst premier league clubs ?
I Honestly don't know, would WD 40 have an answer to this enigma ?

It's an irrelevance in any case, the scheduling of the payments means nothing, it's the size of the overall fee that is the only figure of note.

Aye, I like Gonalons. Really rather depends what we have at our disposal budget-wise. The little I have seen of Kondogbia I like as well. It's a difficult position to fill at the moment with a quality addition. They seem quite in demand.
Lassana Diarra maybe?

I'm speculating with all three of my picks. Lass Diarra went elsewhere this week I think for free/peanuts.

We're unfortunately shopping in the basket by the checkout with David Vaughan and Owen Hargreaves in.

Get in there for Moses, Berto lid.

I wish we'd get rid of the likes fo Naismith, Heitinga, Anichebe, etc. That'd bring in enough to sign a decent player, possibly even up to 10m for the three of them.

Get in there for Moses, Berto lid.

I wish we'd get rid of the likes fo Naismith, Heitinga, Anichebe, etc. That'd bring in enough to sign a decent player, possibly even up to 10m for the three of them.

Getting rid of depth in the process. Can't understand the ANichebe hatred, he had a very good season last season, very useful as a target man against weak defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back