The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think having a fairly fluid and interchangeable lot of players up front is no bad thing. Piatti could play left I think could he not?
You are right that we are still light in the middle. Im tactically crap when it comes to daydreaming about transfers, I really didn't think it through.

That's fair enough. My thoughts are all over here that Martinez will want a series of hybrid forward players (like Mirallas) to interchange and disrupt defensive organisations - a slew of false #10s if you will. With Mirallas, Jelavic, Pienaar in possession currently; we also have Kone, Naismith and Deulofeu to offer depth there. That's without even factoring in my favourite big scouse Nigerian.

With Pienaar, Osman, Naismith and possibly the spaniard also able to cover for the true #10 where Barkley played on Saturday, we have numbers if not perhaps a little dearth of quality. So adding to that pool with versatile options is no bad thing.

But Felliani, Gibson, Osman, erm Lundstram.... as our bodies for two key roles in the eleven is a massive concern.

That's fair enough. My thoughts are all over here that Martinez will want a series of hybrid forward players (like Mirallas) to interchange and disrupt defensive organisations - a slew of false #10s if you will. With Mirallas, Jelavic, Pienaar in possession currently; we also have Kone, Naismith and Deulofeu to offer depth there. That's without even factoring in my favourite big scouse Nigerian.

With Pienaar, Osman, Naismith and possibly the spaniard also able to cover for the true #10 where Barkley played on Saturday, we have numbers if not perhaps a little dearth of quality. So adding to that pool with versatile options is no bad thing.

But Felliani, Gibson, Osman, erm Lundstram.... as our bodies for two key roles in the eleven is a massive concern.
For all the fluidity, we do require somebody to anchor midfield, I agree. I'd always liked Capoue but obviously that ship has sailed. I cant think of anybody else to do the job off the top of my head.

Q. How much have Everton handed over in cash for this summer transfers?

*Hint - Don,t add up the full quoted transfer value - deals are done in structured payments with some up fron now and the rest spread over the contract.

* Another Hint - Kone - we offered 1m upfront as part of the entire fee - Rejected
We offfered 1.5m up front and then the circus started.

Use that as a rule of thumb to determine how much we have spent this summer on transfer targerts in terms of the cash handed over this summer for thoses 4 deals.

How do you know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back