The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I want to keep my best players, but under this system I am not in control of what's going to happen. I want Marouane and Leighton to play for us for many years." So would they be leaving? "At the moment the situation is the same as yesterday."

That said, he admitted he was looking for replacements, adding: "We are working hard for one or two who could come in and help us, but I'll not talk about names because that would be disrespectful to their clubs." Significantly, he did not deny interest in Gareth Barry at Manchester City and Wigan's James McCarthy.

He doesn't say he is looking for replacements though does he? He mentions ADDING one or two not replacing, bad lazy writing from the papers again

Who on here rates McCarthy?

To me he always looks a crab. He passes it sideways and backwards. Should fit right in with our team at the moment.

If we exchange Fellaini for him I´m going to cry.

For me he is a box to box midfielder and at his best when he receives the ball and drives forward with it from deep in midfield which he didn't do enough of for Wigan last season, but when he did he looked class and actually got a couple of goals aswell. At Wigan last season he was the sitting midfielder and I don't think that role suits him, he's got more to his game than just sitting and moving the ball on. Alongside a Felli or Gibson he would do better as it would free him to get forward and more involved in the play.

Reminds me of Joe Allen. A neat passer, nothing else.

I think he's different to Allen, Allen is a crab like player and I don't rate him at all. McCarthy can put a foot in and can run with the ball and drive forward and we lack a midfielder that drives on with the ball.

But i'd be very surprised if we signed McCarthy without selling Fellaini!.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ton-transfers-mccarthy-bertrand-bruno-2240925

apparently we're in for James McCarthy, Ryan Bertrand and Bruno Martins Indi

IF any interest is genuine in the likes of Bertrand & Martins Indi, i'd be happy with those signings, along with McCarthy AND Ince though, IF we sell Baines and Fellaini?!

Would people be happy with that?

Out:-

Fellaini
Baines

= £40m

In:-

McCarthy (£10-12m)
Bertrand (£7m)
Martins Indi (£10m)
Ince (£8m)

= £37m possibly, although we'll probs need £10m of the £40m to go towards wages, signing on fees, agents fees etc, so probs knock the Martins Indi bid on the head for me.

That lad from Holland looks decent but Bertrand aswell surely that would only be if the Dutch lad didn't want to come.. We don't need 2 defenders that's for sure.. Please a striker is needed... Question though if spurs were interested in Baines would people take Defoe and rose plus cash?? And Baines. Goes to white heart lane....

Too late to sign negredo? FFs and I'm posting this from Barcelona. That's dedication. Btw saw the match in a restaurant in Barcelona we've gone global guys we've hit the big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back