The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldnt surprise me to see Mirallas moving on.

Nor me, but surely Martinez will suit him better than Moyes, a) Speaks Spanish b ) Will most probably play him on the right of a forward 3 therefore less defensive responsibilities and can express himself better.

Not sure why so many are keen to part ways with Jela right now. His value is at a low point from last season so we'd be selling low (granted we got him for a good price). I'm willing to give him another chance. Plus even if we bring in a new striker we're still hardly flooded with options. I for one am not keen on just (new striker) and Anichebe as our main options.

Based on actually watching him or just an assumption that he's older and therefore "past it?" Because he's been pretty good for LA: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1693442-breaking-down-landon-donovans-2013-mls-stats

... by many metrics, Donovan can be considered one of the top playmakers in all of MLS so far this season.

Donovan has dished out 27 key passes, just over two per match (2.1). That figure is second behind only Keane (28 total key passes, or 3.1 per match) on the Galaxy. Donovan’s 2.1 key passes per match is also the seventh highest total in all of MLS.

Once again, Donovan has not missed since his break in regards to assists and is having one of the best seasons in MLS so far in the aforementioned category.*

Indeed, Donovan is certainly continuing to do what he has always done in MLS: score goals and create for teammates at a serious clip.

If the price was right (which is obviously a problem with MLS) he'd be a very valuable addition. I don't think its going to happen but he's clearly not past it by any stretch.

I know it's "only MLS" but it was "only MLS" when he was good there and good here too.

That's just an average session for me.

Crystal palace have signed some championship striker for £6 mil, cornelius has gone for £8 mil, a croatian international striker who had a good first year at the club would still fetch around £6-8 mil IMO even taking into account his poor season, now we give it another year and he doesnt improve then we will get naff all with his contract a further year down and his form not down to just a one off season

Nor me, but surely Martinez will suit him better than Moyes, a) Speaks Spanish b ) Will most probably play him on the right of a forward 3 therefore less defensive responsibilities and can express himself better.

Eh!? Kev's Belgian!

Kev said in an interview like a month or so ago that he wants to play in Spain, probably why the rumours are going round?

Kev said in an interview like a month or so ago that he wants to play in Spain, probably why the rumours are going round?

It will be very stupid to sell Mirallas now. The only player we have who can dribble, make mazy run and has pace to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back