The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a week on Sunday until our first game, once the games start coming I won't care about transfer windows. I'll be happy watching the team play.

It's a week on Sunday until our first game, once the games start coming I won't care about transfer windows. I'll be happy watching the team play.

I think this is true. I was surprised we didn't name our backroom staff on Monday at the same time as Man Utd, and I've been kinda expecting either Alcaraz/Kone/both to be announced before the players came back for training so they could join up with the squad on the first day back, but with the rest of the squad due in on Monday I expect any imminent signings will be done by then so they can have maximum time to settle in before the first game.

I get the feeling the transfer window is going to be one of the worst in recent years in terms of speculation about our players, but once the matches start it will be a welcome distraction.

no ACTUALLY the 'other operating costs' have also increased :lol:

'Infrastructure' is the new OOC's.

Scandalous this lot. If there's no net spend this summer (and I'd even suggest there could be less cash spent than brought in by September) maybe it'll be the tipping point at which the happy clappers finally see what's in front of them.

It will be a nightmare if we have Osman starting in central midfield again next season.

People seem quite relaxed about central midfield because they think it will be Fellaini and Gibson playing there. I don't think that's guaranteed as bringing our leading goalscorer back into midfield will have a big impact on our goal threat.

Even if that happens, we are left with Leon Osman if injuries take hold. We really need to strengthen our central midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back