The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, such a polite bunch you are. Ask a question seeking knowledge and get derided for it all the same. You guys would fit in well here in New York.

All the same, thanks for the basic framework of the information I was looking for.

Wasnt really aimed at you mate as you were just looking for info, perhaps I should of put it across better for someone like yourself.

Perhaps you can see from my post, landing 'a Benteke' for 5M isnt easy, its a lot easier to gamble on someone like that and fail miserably, at Everton we cant really afford to fail on many/any signings.

Christ, do you really think its that easy to go and gamble 5M on getting 'a Benteke'??

For Every Benteke there are 5 Bebe's, 10 Jo's, 14 David Bentley's.

If it was that easy every manager in the world would never lose their job.

Easy? No. So by your logic we should only sign 30 year old 11 goal a season players? I'm not upset by the Kone signing. He'll be a decent addition. But it seems safe to you does it not? There are bargains out there.

Wasnt really aimed at you mate as you were just looking for info, perhaps I should of put it across better for someone like yourself.

Perhaps you can see from my post, landing 'a Benteke' for 5M isnt easy, its a lot easier to gamble on someone like that and fail miserably, at Everton we cant really afford to fail on many/any signings.

And if we never take a chance, we'll never progress. Catch 22 really. You happy with 6th or 7th every season?

Phenom, no worries. I recognize the inherent risk on spending that amount of money on an unproven 20-year old, I'm just trying to figure out the pieces of the puzzle. Basketball is easy, football is backwards.

Easy? No. So by your logic we should only sign 30 year old 11 goal a season players? I'm not upset by the Kone signing. He'll be a decent addition. But it seems safe to you does it not? There are bargains out there.

Name me 3 realistic young targets who would come to Everton in our budget and turn out to be 'a Benteke' then?

And if we never take a chance, we'll never progress. Catch 22 really. You happy with 6th or 7th every season?

Every transfer is a chance, I would much rather sign Kone knowing for the next 3 years hes going to be giving us his peak game for all of £5M than buy an unknown who will take time to adjust and probably flop. How you think its so easy to just take a gamble and pick up these players is beyond me.

Phenom, no worries. I recognize the inherent risk on spending that amount of money on an unproven 20-year old, I'm just trying to figure out the pieces of the puzzle. Basketball is easy, football is backwards.

Obviously mate there's diamonds out there its just finding them, its hard at Everton as we cant afford to waste money with our board in place, I think once Martinez has time and gets his team in place he will no doubt be looking for a few gem's.

Martinez doesn't want to be blowing money immediately. He's brought someone in who he knows and trusts to do a job for us this season and next. Our squad will likely look much different in 2 seasons time so think of it as a short term option for the transition of Moyes's Everton to Martinez's Everton.

I could not agree more. I'm surprised no one else sees this. Kone may not be a world beating signing, but he is one that should help effectively buy Martinez the time he needs to turn the club into his club. I agree that in 2-3 years, our club will look very different.

Name me 3 realistic young targets who would come to Everton in our budget and turn out to be 'a Benteke' then?

Every transfer is a chance, I would much rather sign Kone knowing for the next 3 years hes going to be giving us his peak game for all of £5M than buy an unknown who will take time to adjust and probably flop. How you think its so easy to just take a gamble and pick up these players is beyond me.

None would be Benteke. He's incredible. Try not to get hung up on his name. Are you telling me there's no better player for us to sign than Kone? Once again, I'm not upset about the Kone signing. He's a decent player. However, if we're only going to make limited signings, I'd rather we spend it elsewhere. I'd of rather had Altidore at 23 than Kone at 29, but now you'll say it's only because I'm American and Altidore is gash because you saw him play once when he was 19 at a pathetic Hull side. I'll make you a wager that Altidore scores more than Kone next season. I win and you sport an avatar of my choosing for a month. I'll do the same.

None would be Benteke. He's incredible. Try not to get hung up on his name. Are you telling me there's no better player for us to sign than Kone? Once again, I'm not upset about the Kone signing. He's a decent player. However, if we're only going to make limited signings, I'd rather we spend it elsewhere. I'd of rather had Altidore at 23 than Kone at 29, but now you'll say it's only because I'm American and Altidore is gash because you saw him play once when he was 19 at a pathetic Hull side. I'll make you a wager that Altidore scores more than Kone next season. I win and you sport an avatar of my choosing for a month. I'll do the same.

PAHAHA.

Your on sister, you might as well change it now.

I think the real problem is where it's being phrased, "why don't we". I'm sure a lot of Evertonians would love to get someone young in, see them light up the league from nowhere. It's Martinez. He trusts Kone. Kone will give us 3 years and he's a solid footballer on a moderate wage.

I think the real problem is where it's being phrased, "why don't we". I'm sure a lot of Evertonians would love to get someone young in, see them light up the league from nowhere. It's Martinez. He trusts Kone. Kone will give us 3 years and he's a solid footballer on a moderate wage.

Spot on.

TBH I would of offered 80M for Bale with payments over 58years.

Help the Yank, please:

Aston Villa paid in the region of 7m for Benteke last season, which isn't far off what Everton have paid for Kone. With Jelavic and Anichebe already on the roster, why doesn't Everton take a gamble on an all-or-nothing young player with potential?

Logically, I can't make sense of the thing.

I'm sure if the scouts come across such a player, then they will. The problem is when every team in the world has scouts all looking for the same type of player. When they find one, chances are another scout has also found them meaning that the selling club can start a bidding war. This is one of the reasons why so many unknown youngsters go for huge fees.
Look at N'iang last season -he is exactly the type of player you are referring to - unfortunately AC MIlan thought the same and we are never going to compete with them for his signature.

I think Kone can get 15 goals or more if hes fit, I cant see Altidore doing it.

We shall see.

Is fair. The thing I don't get is people saying Kone is a proven premier league striker. He's been in England one season and hit 11 goals. He's failed in Spain before but did decent with Levante. Jela came in and lit up the league, and we know what happened to him. He's not as proven as some say. That said, I think he'll be decent. I think Kone will get 12. Is there no similarly priced striker you'd of rather had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back