The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phenom, no worries. I recognize the inherent risk on spending that amount of money on an unproven 20-year old, I'm just trying to figure out the pieces of the puzzle. Basketball is easy, football is backwards.

At least your'e not calling it 'sAccer' :)

In fact regarding your point in general I agree with you. We're talking about having a supposed 'world class' scouting network and a new manager/style/ethos....

He needs to show some balls.

Is fair. The thing I don't get is people saying Kone is a proven premier league striker. He's been in England one season and hit 11 goals. He's failed in Spain before but did decent with Levante. Jela came in and lit up the league, and we know what happened to him. He's not as proven as some say. That said, I think he'll be decent. I think Kone will get 12. Is there no similarly priced striker you'd of rather had?

I want a piece of this action BUT would feel bad actually rooting for Altidore to score :(

Oh, and altidore is a FAR better signing than Kone.

Which is superior, a perfect brick or an imperfect diamond?

kone can add something to the team now, them draws we had last season some of them we should of won and maybe with kone we would of got them, now not going on like kone is the best striker in the world but our strikers at the time werent all that, jela had a bad season and even though anichebe had a good season or good games was only due to his work rate not his finishing which is a shame because his finishing is not all that, so thats my point about kone could of turnt them few draws into wins, also upfront is an area thats needs boosting as we all know because of the strikers we have at the moment and especially with jela having that bad season last time, why spend 5m on a kid who would probably take 2/3 seasons to kick on where as kone has done well in the prem has that experience in the prem and can add something to the team right now, maybe he was the only option we had within the budget of 5m or so it was that was the best deal for us yet like i said hes done well in the prem has that experience in the prem and most of all our manager knows exactly what he can do, so instead of all this ****ing negativity not just on here on all everton forums get behind him and the future players that come and stop moaning, we got him in earlyish instead of the last few hours of the deadline, future signings we get are not all gonna be 29-30, i am sick of being this selling club anyway, people who moan about no resale value i am sick of having to get rid of our top players ye sell a few but not every single one of them, sick of building a quality team then selling key players in that team then finding new ones then selling again then finding new ones etc, how are we gonna be a regular champions league contender when we keep selling our best players all the time? we will never improve if this keeps happening

Last edited:
Is fair. The thing I don't get is people saying Kone is a proven premier league striker. He's been in England one season and hit 11 goals. He's failed in Spain before but did decent with Levante. Jela came in and lit up the league, and we know what happened to him. He's not as proven as some say. That said, I think he'll be decent. I think Kone will get 12. Is there no similarly priced striker you'd of rather had?

I can't make sense of it either...apparently kone is proven but jelavic is awful....odd.

I'm happy to see what Kone can do... but after reading this on footballtransferleague surely we could've been one of the teams mentioned

“Aston Villa are ready to sell Darren Bent for £5m, with Newcastle, Hull and Fulham all poised to make a move for the 29-year-old striker."

Maybe just wages would've killed this??

Is he still only 29? Didn't realise this. Bring him in as well, he's used to sitting on the bench if he doesn't find a spot in the first team. Will score goals.

Kone will be Martinez's benchmark, IMO. He's familiar with him, understands what he's capable of, and will ultimately be able to assess whether or not the rest of the squad (provided we keep them all!!!) will be able to further his tally from last year.

Not a huge fan of Martinez, if I'm being honest. But there's a reason he's in the higher echelons of football management and we're resigned to being the Gods of Champ Man. Best we just get behind him and assess his performance(s) further on down the line.

David Moyes, the new United manager, is eager to make his former defender his first major signing since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson as manager at Old Trafford.

Everton have stood firm demanding for £20 million for their defender and the Merseyside club are unlikely to budge if United offer only a slight improvement to their opening offer.

Baines returned to Everton training on Monday. Fully aware of United’s interest, he may feel torn as to how to respond given his loyalty to Everton but ambition to compete for the title and play in the Champions League.

Baines may also see a move to Old Trafford as assisting his England challenge to Ashley Cole in World Cup year, but it seems highly unlikely that he will request a move unless United’s bid gets closer to a figure with which Everton are happy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-bid-of-12-million-for-Leighton-Baines.html

None would be Benteke. He's incredible. Try not to get hung up on his name. Are you telling me there's no better player for us to sign than Kone? Once again, I'm not upset about the Kone signing. He's a decent player. However, if we're only going to make limited signings, I'd rather we spend it elsewhere. I'd of rather had Altidore at 23 than Kone at 29, but now you'll say it's only because I'm American and Altidore is gash because you saw him play once when he was 19 at a pathetic Hull side. I'll make you a wager that Altidore scores more than Kone next season. I win and you sport an avatar of my choosing for a month. I'll do the same.

Altidore vs kone isn't even a challange ffs

I'll bet you that vic as just a impact sub will score more than altidore does next season!

Martinez and his scouts will have spent the last 4 yrs scouting for players for Wigan not the 6th best team in England. Although kone doesn't overly excite, I think it is a very sensible signing that is better than what we'v got and very different to what we'v got.

It may turn out Martinez wants to play it sensible this season, get to grips with all the players and have a good year of scouting and looking at the youngsters before changing too much.

Altidore vs kone isn't even a challange ffs

I'll bet you that vic as just a impact sub will score more than altidore does next season!

You never know...he might come on with longer than 18 minutes to go? Another thing i wont miss about moyes, the inability to make a sub before 72 minutes even though a 5 year old can see it needs changing.

Martinez and his scouts will have spent the last 4 yrs scouting for players for Wigan not the 6th best team in England. Although kone doesn't overly excite, I think it is a very sensible signing that is better than what we'v got and very different to what we'v got.

It may turn out Martinez wants to play it sensible this season, get to grips with all the players and have a good year of scouting and looking at the youngsters before changing too much.

What, so he would have been scouting a lower calibre of player for his team than DM would for his team?!?!

Honestly, what a load of tosh.

i cant see the issue with getting kone, hes a PROVEN goalscorer at the premiership level. he knows martinez and the way he likes to play, with service ffrom baines/pienaar/mirallas we might just have got ourselves a proper bargain. i am certainky not going to slate the fella before he's even kicked a ball for us. plus the competition might just kick some life into jelavic. it might not be the most exciting signing but it is a position we need to strengthen. give the lad a chance you bad melts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back