The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Moyes, the new United manager, is eager to make his former defender his first major signing since he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson as manager at Old Trafford.

Everton have stood firm demanding for £20 million for their defender and the Merseyside club are unlikely to budge if United offer only a slight improvement to their opening offer.

Baines returned to Everton training on Monday. Fully aware of United’s interest, he may feel torn as to how to respond given his loyalty to Everton but ambition to compete for the title and play in the Champions League.

Baines may also see a move to Old Trafford as assisting his England challenge to Ashley Cole in World Cup year, but it seems highly unlikely that he will request a move unless United’s bid gets closer to a figure with which Everton are happy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ed-bid-of-12-million-for-Leighton-Baines.html

Moyes only bought Oviedo to make this decision easier.
Still, i think most evertonians agree: Sell Felli, keep Baines at all costs.

pissing me off already tbh.

Everton state ''He is not for sale''

Press report ''He is for sale for £16M''

Thats now moved up to £20M but its irrelevant, we cannot afford to lose Baines. People moaning about Kone aint gonna push us onwards and upwards...but sell Baines and were on for a finish of 10th-12th imo

kenwrong would put himself in the good graces of a lot of fans if he just came out and said "Baines is NOT for sale at any price"

I'd probably take 20 million. Bit strange reading some reports that United have upped their offer from 12 million to 13. Old habits die hard, hey Davey?

I'd much prefer Arsenal to come in for Fellaini though.

Don't think I'd blame them to be honest that's a lot of money for a left back at his age.

Fantastic player obviously, but every player has his price.

Why? you can't put 20million pounds of notes at left back and watch it stroll around the park. I don't see a replacement available to us at any price that'd do the same job as Baines. Would be nice to just keep our best players, there's no need at all to sell.

I know everyone is saying that they would perfer Fellaini to go but I think it would be more benificial to us if he stays for another year. i think Belguim are going to be a strong team at the world cup and if Fellaini has a good world cup it could have a lot more teams knocking at our door for him next summer

I know everyone is saying that they would perfer Fellaini to go but I think it would be more benificial to us if he stays for another year. i think Belguim are going to be a strong team at the world cup and if Fellaini has a good world cup it could have a lot more teams knocking at our door for him next summer

I tend to agree.

Could also say the same about Baines? He ousts Cole finally this season, has a boss world cup (should we make it I should add!), and finally the ALL the bog clubs realise what we know about him, and have a massive bidding war.

I'd be far happier keeping Baines and Fellaini, to use a well worn catchphrase, it really would be like a new signing.

If Baines is going to stay then he has to sign a contract or we need to sell him unfortunately.

Ive been quite vocal about my feelings towards the Kone signing and sell on values but in this instance for a almost 29 year old left back with 2 years left on his deal, if we did get £20M and he was unwilling to sign a new deal we have to sell now rather than get £5M for him next summer.

I hope he signs a 4/5 year deal tbh cos i love him and he is the stand out player in everything we do well. Performs consistantly top draw game after game after game. In many ways he is unsellable but like i said if he wont sign a new deal we should be looking to get £20M.

Luke Shaw is still only 18/19 so definately one for the future and looks to have similar attacking Baines like qualities. I reckon 10/12M might get him from southampton but lets be honest they dont need to sell, hes young and english so would go for possibly silly money. £10M is way too much for an 18 year old left back lets be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back