The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think weve covered the spots that needed backup.

Its a huge worry though if martinez truly thinks one for each section of the team (covered) is enough....centre mid fellaini and gibson only and gibson has recurring injuries.

What i would like to see is naismith /heitinga /gueye (and other fringe players) sold quickly now + IDEALLY another recognized player SOLD to allow Martinez to make his mark in the transfer market.

Im really quite keen to see if he has the balls to make big decisions after him taking the easy option with 3 of the signings so far.

Saying that, he'd probably sign McCarthty for Wigaton next.

He took the 'big' decision on two of those last season; why should he leave them be and take a chance of making a mistake for the sake of 'moving on'?

He's done very well so far in this window. Four in for roughly £8M. There's no merit to any other argument regarding that.

He took the 'big' decision on two of those last season; why should he leave them be and take a chance of making a mistake for the sake of 'moving on'?

He's done very well so far in this window. Four in for roughly £8M. There's no merit to any other argument regarding that.

Im worried about you Dave. You and I seem to have switched attitudes over the past weeks.

For me, if it is 8mil then its 8mil down the toilet...robles (cheap young backup) and Gerard (loan player with high potential) are worth it...the big money spent on someone not fit to wear the shirt (spitter) alcaraz and a one hit wonder (not even a big hit) kone seem pretty scary transfers to me.

On the topic of your previois negativity, who would you like to see leave the club?

Not even £8m mate! £5m for Kone, £1m for Robles. loan and a free. A loan which I cant see having any fee for. Think Martinez has done very well. Ignore Zatara, he's a new level of low for an Evertonian. I'm generally quite pessimestic, but can't see dampen this start.

McCarthy is a goo player and will only get better. Would be pleased if we signed him as he is a good passer, good tackler and has a good engine. In the future he really will be a top box-box midfielder. I'd be pleased if we signed him - as long as the price is right.

Im worried about you Dave. You and I seem to have switched attitudes over the past weeks.

For me, if it is 8mil then its 8mil down the toilet...robles (cheap young backup) and Gerard (loan player with high potential) are worth it...the big money spent on someone not fit to wear the shirt (spitter) alcaraz and a one hit wonder (not even a big hit) kone seem pretty scary transfers to me.

On the topic of your previois negativity, who would you like to see leave the club?

You need to look at the facts before spouting such drivel. Just look at the influence of Alcaraz at Wigan over the last 3 years and the career Kone has had at other clubs.

It's really boring that you berate these sort of signings without doing some homework.

Not even £8m mate! £5m for Kone, £1m for Robles. loan and a free. A loan which I cant see having any fee for. Think Martinez has done very well. Ignore Zatara, he's a new level of low for an Evertonian. I'm generally quite pessimestic, but can't see dampen this start.

I thought the 'undisclosed fee' bit was to obscure the widly held view we paid £6.6M for Kone?

No matter, between £6-8M is all still very good business.

McCarthy is a goo player and will only get better. Would be pleased if we signed him as he is a good passer, good tackler and has a good engine. In the future he really will be a top box-box midfielder. I'd be pleased if we signed him - as long as the price is right.

Defo. I'd be well pleased if we went back to Wigan and took him for a decent price....we should be getting discount off Whelan now!

We need one good signing to make it a good window 3 squad players and a lad with potential isnt enough if we are to get top 6 we need either a top class cm or a quality winger

I thought the 'undisclosed fee' bit was to obscure the widly held view we paid £6.6M for Kone?

No matter, between £6-8M is all still very good business.

Whelan himself said it was £5m mate before the OS eventually announced it.

We are already in a stronger position squad-wise than we were last year.

We replaced Mucha, Neville and Hitz with Roubles, Alcaraz, the Barcelona kid and Kone. What we need to improve is to sign a top quality first team player for central midfield. Even if we don't, we are in a stronger position than we were at the end of last season.

We also need to ship some deadwood out to free up wages: Heitinga, Naismith and Gueye contribute nothing to the team and in Heitinga's case, he is actually a liability.

The unknown quality is the manager himself. I think this is the season when we really find out whether Moyes was getting the players to overachieve or not. That's actually my biggest concern, even though I am optimistic about the new manager - can he get our (still) small squad to continue to perform at a high level? For all the frustrating tactical decisions Moyes made, the one thing he delivered is fairly consistent top 8 finishes.

...I posted on the Alcaraz thread this morning that I was talking with one of the Wigan 1st team background staff last night. He said Kone was 'decent' but Alcaraz is top drawer. He couldn't understand why the rs hadn't gone him in favour of Toure. He also said we had got him on a steal. Top class centre back according to this bloke.

Defo. I'd be well pleased if we went back to Wigan and took him for a decent price....we should be getting discount off Whelan now!
I'm another in the McCarthy fan club. He has a bit of everything and will develop in to one of the best midfielders in the League given time.

Of all the Wigan players we were linked with, he was the only one I desperately wanted to see us go for.

Not likely now I'd have thought unless Fellaini is sold, and I honestly can't see anyone coming up with the money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back