The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely only debate that needs to take place is whether we have strengthened from last year. seems everyone agrees we have. not sure how we can judge good or bad till he has been in the job long enough to see how he can work with the squad. that's when most of any transfer budget should probably be spent. a few safe buys and an amazing bit of loan business will look great if we buy well a year down the line, or later in the year, or now. won't look so good if that's all we do

Totally agree, my concern is that we have strengthened but not to the standard we should be aiming for and not with a broad spectrum of knowledge....the signings seem too safe to me, so youre correct.

How safe they are we shall see, its obvious that i think a major gamble or a long term player with potential would offer more value than 2 safe signings.

I actually agree fully with Zatara on the Kone signing. For the money paid, not a good deal for me and a very disappointing signing I'll be honest.

Not impressed with Alcaraz either but there was no fee involved so no big deal.

Robles looks a decent signing and one for the future so quite pleased with that one.

The Barca lad seems a fantastic prospect, but we have him for 12 months so meh.

All in all, not a great window for me. Not entirely Martinez' fault (Although I think he could have spent the Kone money better), again the board it seems have failed to back the manager with any real finance to compete with the big clubs like Swansea, Norwich, Cardiff and Southampton.

*enters thread to read the latest transfer rumours*

YWEo5.gif

We needed a 3rd choice centre back.. Got one
We needed a back up keeper .... Sorted that
We needed a striker who can actually score... Sorted that problem as well.

We weren't looking for superior players we needed to improve our options and so far we have

Shane Duffy
Backup keeper - fine.
Kone -- compare his season to jelavic when he joined.

We should have been looking for superior players, otherwise improving a squad isnt going to inprove the team.

If we signed a top left midfielder OR someone with potential who realised it then pienaar would be on the bench...thats how to improve a squad.

Mate if alcaraz becomes our best defender i will think martinez is jesus. Sadly neither will happen.

Gibson certainly wasnt judged by me when he signed...fellaini on the opposite side of transfer fees wasnt either when many were going mental at the deals.

These 2 signings are mental though.

How in any way are these signings mental?! Think you really do need a sit down mate. Heats getting to you.

Alcaraz is apparently a very good reader of the game, Wigan supporters rate him very highly (I know that isn't much but still, its the same situation with us and players like Baines). He was free too, yes signing on fees etc but for an experiences, international defender you can't exactly complain. Look at our squad ffs, smallest in the prem. That needs to change.

Kone on the other hand, 5 million is not bad for a striker like him. Strikers cost top money. For 5 million I don't think we can complain too much for someone who had all the attributes to keep being a success in the prem, if he even got 15 goals I would not complain and from what I seem last season I believe very confidently he can get that. Hey, I may be wrong but at least I have him a chance, then if he's sh*t I will question the transfer, give them both a chance before slating them please, that's all I ask.

Shane Duffy
Backup keeper - fine.

We should have been looking for superior players, otherwise improving a squad isnt going to inprove the team.

If we signed a top left midfielder OR someone with potential who realised it then pienaar would be on the bench...thats how to improve a squad.

Wow

If only we'd chosen you to be our manager. As you clearly know better than an actual football manager.

Shane Duffy
Backup keeper - fine.

That Jelavic is gone though now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back