The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually agree fully with Zatara on the Kone signing. For the money paid, not a good deal for me and a very disappointing signing I'll be honest.

Not impressed with Alcaraz either but there was no fee involved so no big deal.

Robles looks a decent signing and one for the future so quite pleased with that one.

The Barca lad seems a fantastic prospect, but we have him for 12 months so meh.

All in all, not a great window for me. Not entirely Martinez' fault (Although I think he could have spent the Kone money better), again the board it seems have failed to back the manager with any real finance to compete with the big clubs like Swansea, Norwich, Cardiff and Southampton.

Beginning to think i was going insane. Robles and gerard seem fine to me....the two others have taken the wind out of my sails.

Is it the board or is it martinez ? He could have generated funds through sales to mould his team...instead he bought first.

How in any way are these signings mental?! Think you really do need a sit down mate. Heats getting to you.

Alcaraz is apparently a very good reader of the game, Wigan supporters rate him very highly (I know that isn't much but still, its the same situation with us and players like Baines). He was free too, yes signing on fees etc but for an experiences, international defender you can't exactly complain. Look at our squad ffs, smallest in the prem. That needs to change.

Kone on the other hand, 5 million is not bad for a striker like him. Strikers cost top money. For 5 million I don't think we can complain too much for someone who had all the attributes to keep being a success in the prem, if he even got 15 goals I would not complain and from what I seem last season I believe very confidently he can get that. Hey, I may be wrong but at least I have him a chance, then if he's sh*t I will question the transfer, give them both a chance before slating them please, that's all I ask.

I cant see it mate...i honestly cant. Id be amazed if kone got 10 goals to be honest.

Beginning to think i was going insane. Robles and gerard seem fine to me....the two others have taken the wind out of my sails.

Is it the board or is it martinez ? He could have generated funds through sales to mould his team...instead he bought first.
You need a buyer for your players before you can sell mate.

Wow

If only we'd chosen you to be our manager. As you clearly know better than an actual football manager.

Did bill have you on the hiring committee?

Maybe i do know more than martinez, people sometimes find they have missed their calling...maybe i should join portos backroom staff and become the new jose.

We'll see if i know more than him about signing these two players....and then McCarthy later in the window i expect.

Kone -- poor first touch and cant head the ball. His career has been only effective in poor sides and even then he's been a 1 in 3 striker despite being the sole goalscoring threat in most cases.

Alcaraz -- he just disturbs me.

Not too bothered about UTD losing a friendly.
The impressions I got from the Wigan fans (visiting forums) was that Kone is an Anichebe with pace; poor first touch and needs 3 or 4 chances to score 1. His all-round play is decent though, but mainly using what we all know - his pace on the counter - rather than particularly intricate link-up play. That's what worries me. I have to assume Martinez expects an improvement this season for him to be so obviously worth it. I defer to Martinez' judgement on that one.

Alcaraz I have only ever heard the highest level of praise for. Obviously he is a typical fan's favourite/not a media darling, and so requires his good performances and the eyes on the terraces to sit up and take notice of his qualities rather than have some idiot pundit slurring his way through an autocued, annotated 30 second highlight reel telling you, the viewing public, exactly what to think.

I cant see it mate...i honestly cant. Id be amazed if kone got 10 goals to be honest.

Oh, he WILL get over 10 goals. Honestly mate, just be positive. We can't afford big boys, so lets stick to decent strikers for decent money until that big boy signing is able to happen.

Lets see a bit of positivity ey?! Get out in the sun mate, crack a beer open, stick some tunes on and day dream about Leighton Baines scoring the winner against the sh*te at the FA cup final, sound? Sound.

Last edited:
Did bill have you on the hiring committee?

Maybe i do know more than martinez, people sometimes find they have missed their calling...maybe i should join portos backroom staff and become the new jose.

We'll see if i know more than him about signing these two players....and then McCarthy later in the window i expect.

*buys Porto season ticket to watch their demise

Go 'ed mate, that's the spirit!

Can we not just reserve judgement on Kone the lad has only signed... Yes for us it's a big outlay in regards to money but don't crucify the lad before he even wears the jersey, who knows he might bang them in for us.. I see on Twitter our previous manager is been targeted by a small element of man u fans.. They don't seem happy at all after today's display.also seen a article that Adel taarbet from qpr is available on loan this season would anyone take him. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back