The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love us to make a big name signing something the club really needs to make a statement of intent

I know its used often, but why do people use this signal of intent line? I would much rather do well and go under the radar doing so. Provides unneeded pressure and also sets teams or players up to fall.

Every time I've seen Matri he has been badly gash. Pretty slow, standard CF play. Missed dozens and dozens of chances through the games I saw him play in. But then again, might have just been off. Not for me to be honest.

Haha MrMatt, we seem to have opposite experiences. I always see him do really well but then he doesn't start for Juve which I thought was off. He seems to be in the right place at the right time and he has always scored when i have watched him. I suppose a regular Juventus supporter could give a better judgement.

Osvaldo from Roma seems destined to leave and I wouldn't mind a try for him. He was really great for Espanyol but, hasn't gotten much of a chance at Roma.

I cant see it mate...i honestly cant. Id be amazed if kone got 10 goals to be honest.

I think Kone would have got double that if he'd played up front for us last season,we missed chance after chance throughout,home and away. I would say we created more chances and had more shots on goals in a lot of the games we played.any striker from the premiership would have got plenty of goals playing up front for us tbh given the service that was provided

This coming season,well we'll wait and see.don't get any logic in running the fella down.whatever happens he won't be as poor as Jelavic's form was as the season went on.Personally I think in this market ,it's not a bad price for a striker ,the manager knows him,(btw,I bet not many of us have seen too much of the lad,other than motd ),and has worked with him for a good period,so if anyone knows his qualities it's RM isn't it ?.

Haha MrMatt, we seem to have opposite experiences. I always see him do really well but then he doesn't start for Juve which I thought was off. He seems to be in the right place at the right time and he has always scored when i have watched him. I suppose a regular Juventus supporter could give a better judgement.

Osvaldo from Roma seems destined to leave and I wouldn't mind a try for him. He was really great for Espanyol but, hasn't gotten much of a chance at Roma.

I have the same opinion as MrMatt. Matri has always lacked composure and quality when I have seen him play which is a fair amount. Even Quagliarella has been better the past two seasons making Matri a back up to a back up. It does seem odd though that they would ask for 12m for him as he is now about fourth or fifth choice with Tevez and Llorente going there.

I know its used often, but why do people use this signal of intent line? I would much rather do well and go under the radar doing so. Provides unneeded pressure and also sets teams or players up to fall.

1. Gives us a better chance of our top players wanting to stay

2. Gives us a better chance of attracting other good players who would see us as a club going places

3. Long term can raise our profile which in return leads to better sponsorship deals/more tv appearances more global appear etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back