The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err what?

So would I.

Cleverley is badly Henderson.

You're seriously comparing a player with 9 England caps at the age of 23 who has played nearly 40 games for Man Utd with a player that has never, ever played for our first team? :)

To say nothing of the fact that Cleverley is actually a great player too :)

You're seriously comparing a player with 9 England caps at the age of 23 who has played nearly 40 games for Man Utd with a player that has never, ever played for our first team? :)

To say nothing of the fact that Cleverley is actually a great player too :)

I was alluding to this the other day. Perfect loan to buy situation for me.

Cleverley is certainly not a rubbish player and would be a good signing if we went for him. However I think this is just a jarg paper story. Can utd let him go? I doubt it, there hardly stacked with CM players themselves!

As for McCarthy, if Martinez's global search leads him back to Wigan yet again I will really start to doubt him! There are plenty of quality cm players out there for the fraction of the price (Fer for example 4.5M) can't believe he's gone Norwich!!

Youre comparing physical violence with spitting at people? Their are underlying traits of people who spit...name an everton player who has spat at someone? You realise how sick that is?
They may have underlying meanings but in terms of end result punching is far worse than spitting. For god's sake we've all at least once been spat in the face by people accidentally as they talk or eat or whatever. It's quite hard to accidentally punch someone in the face, but it hurts a helluva lot more. People have died from taking just an odd thrown punch... I doubt spitting carries the same threat.

Have you never been angry on a football pitch, wanted to kick something in frustration when its not going your way? Well I have. And whilst I don't really know why he is mind went straight to gobbing a big phlegmball, I do know that that level of emotion makes it easy for you to make rash decisions. I've fallen out with mates over stpid kickabouts because I hated losing them. So I don't see the problem with giving him a wiped-clean (spitshined?) slate to start at Goodison, on the counts that a) notwithstanding the obvious stigma, spitting isn't really that bad in any way and b) he did durin a game, in the heat of the moment, not to some innocent bystander in the street when pissed. (I'm looking at you, Joey Barton. He's never spat at anyone - though he did nearly blind someone with a cigar and was charged for instigating a brawl outside the Maccies in town at 4am during a season)

It never bothered me even one tiny bit that he spat at some nomark playing for West Brom. I really can't work out how/why it irks others.
I think you might just be looking for reasons to criticise, but hey ho

They may have underlying meanings but in terms of end result punching is far worse than spitting. For god's sake we've all at least once been spat in the face by people accidentally as they talk or eat or whatever. It's quite hard to accidentally punch someone in the face, but it hurts a helluva lot more. People have died from taking just an odd thrown punch... I doubt spitting carries the same threat.

Have you never been angry on a football pitch, wanted to kick something in frustration when its not going your way? Well I have. And whilst I don't really know why he is mind went straight to gobbing a big phlegmball, I do know that that level of emotion makes it easy for you to make rash decisions. I've fallen out with mates over stpid kickabouts because I hated losing them. So I don't see the problem with giving him a wiped-clean (spitshined?) slate to start at Goodison, on the counts that a) notwithstanding the obvious stigma, spitting isn't really that bad in any way and b) he did durin a game, in the heat of the moment, not to some innocent bystander in the street when pissed. (I'm looking at you, Joey Barton. He's never spat at anyone - though he did nearly blind someone with a cigar and was charged for instigating a brawl outside the Maccies in town at 4am during a season)

It never bothered me even one tiny bit that he spat at some nomark playing for West Brom. I really can't work out how/why it irks others.
I think you might just be looking for reasons to criticise, but hey ho

So you condone spitting as not being "too bad"...have a word with yourself.

Cleverley is certainly not a rubbish player and would be a good signing if we went for him. However I think this is just a jarg paper story. Can utd let him go? I doubt it, there hardly stacked with CM players themselves!

As for McCarthy, if Martinez's global search leads him back to Wigan yet again I will really start to doubt him! There are plenty of quality cm players out there for the fraction of the price (Fer for example 4.5M) can't believe he's gone Norwich!!

Absolutely. Please not another Wigan player again! £12m for McCarthy is vastly overpriced. Are we getting Boyce and Caldwell next?

I don't mind the 3 so far, there sensible astute signings to bulk up the squad and in Kone's case actually an improvement on what we'v got....but I don't see any value to ability left at Wigan worth pursuing. McCarthy is a good player who will probably get better and if we could pick him up cheap (5M) tops, then ok, but it's gonna be somewhere between 10-20M which would represent our marque signing! That thought horrifies me!

Let a spurs, city, Liverpool spend the big money on him and we'll buy him couple of years down the line for a minimal fee after he's got splinters stuck in his ass.

We needed a 3rd choice centre back.. Got one
We needed a back up keeper .... Sorted that
We needed a striker who can actually score... Sorted that problem as well.

We weren't looking for superior players we needed to improve our options and so far we have

Here is my interim verdict on our new signings. This is my opinion.

Kone - A Stop-gap striker, reportedly cost £5m or £6.5m. This deal really is against the business sense for a club like Everton due to Kone is an aging player without re-sale value by the time his contract expires. Having said that, he "can do a job" for this club for 2 or 3 seasons and providing much needed pace up front. That is, if he can still keep up his level but my grave concern is that strikers tend to lose pace gradually once they reach 30. If he can score 12 league goals or more each season throughout his three years deal here then I would say that will be a fair return. If not, he will leave on free three years later and a big chunk of money is gone without a replacement in place.

Alcaraz - I do not mind this signing because we do need a cheap replacement for Heitinga. I also do not believe Duffy is ready to step in as our 3rd choice CB. Hence, this deal makes sense although I prefer the like of Alderweireld if we have the money.

Robles - The quoted fee is £1.6m or £3.5m. Joel is a young keeper and has good years ahead of him. I do not mind a young keeper with potential as our 2nd keeper but this club is owned by Kenwright so money is tight. Our priorities are CM or CF so signing a keeper on a free as our 2nd keeper could have been done instead. Personally, Howard is not a problem and he can still play in the highest level for another three/four years at least. All in all, the fee of this deal could have added to the fee of Kone for the signing of a younger striker.

Deulofeu – He is a short term signing but a good one. Loaning him is like Leeds and Sheff Wed loaning Barkley from us last year as we have no chance to sign him as it stands. However, we allegedly beat several top clubs for his signature so that is something we can cheer for. In long terms, we will not benefit from this signing but we have more option on the wing this coming season. We won't see Gueye any longer which is a good thing to start with.

I don't believe that Cleverly would be available on loan. But I don't get why everyone hates him so much. Quality player.

You must not have seen much of him.. or you just don't have an eye for talent... just my opinion of course.

And yet you have Dries Mertens as your avatar, so you must have some idea of class when you see it. Hmm... *strokes chin*

Hahahaha, what? Dries Mertens is brilliant.
Also, ive seen PLENTY of Cleverley and i dont think he's anything special, but because i dont have the same opinion of him as you do apparently i 'dont have an eye for a talent' hahahahaha, koff you whopper.

We have done well on our transfers. We have improved our squad compared to last year and maybe if we had some of these players in January then we might have gotten Europe . We do need to bring in a cm though . Honda is the guy I want or if we have no money then signing a malenda on a free would be good business for when gibbo or Fellaini are out . My problem is we have not got rid of the problems in the squad ala heitinga and gueye . Get rid of these and bring a cm in and we should improve

great point.. I think at the moment we are dealing with what turned out to be a crucial lack of activity in Jan. If Moyes' head had been with the club in Jan and we got in a few cheap bargains where we needed back up then we may have ended up closer to fourth. As it stands I think these signings have just dealt with these glaring holes that could derail our season. The extra spark we will have to wait for which I think under normal circumstances would mean that the manager has a proper look at what he has first. The signings are similar to Moyes when he was at his best in terms of bringing in players going under the radar and see if they improve at higher level. They may not but we can take the knock if they improve competition. The Barca lad is a sign that we may see more imagination than we have in the past. Could go either way but definitely exciting. I was praying to get a manager who would see the importance of keeping what has worked and look to give it extra edge. All signs good for that. The CM I am happy to wait for to make sure we get exactly what is needed. As for getting rid of players there is only really Heitinga who is draining wages so him out, no-one sold and some indication that we are looking for a gem in the next year. seems fine... but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back