The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Kone goes too, I don't see the huge gamble. instead of wondering if he is the answer up front I have just been thinking that its a major option off the bench, whether its him Victor or Jela, that would worry teams that have had little to worry about when we have gone into our shell in the past. worth 5 mill for that alone. power and pace of any nature is never cheap

They may have underlying meanings but in terms of end result punching is far worse than spitting. For god's sake we've all at least once been spat in the face by people accidentally as they talk or eat or whatever. It's quite hard to accidentally punch someone in the face, but it hurts a helluva lot more. People have died from taking just an odd thrown punch... I doubt spitting carries the same threat.

Have you never been angry on a football pitch, wanted to kick something in frustration when its not going your way? Well I have. And whilst I don't really know why he is mind went straight to gobbing a big phlegmball, I do know that that level of emotion makes it easy for you to make rash decisions. I've fallen out with mates over stpid kickabouts because I hated losing them. So I don't see the problem with giving him a wiped-clean (spitshined?) slate to start at Goodison, on the counts that a) notwithstanding the obvious stigma, spitting isn't really that bad in any way and b) he did durin a game, in the heat of the moment, not to some innocent bystander in the street when pissed. (I'm looking at you, Joey Barton. He's never spat at anyone - though he did nearly blind someone with a cigar and was charged for instigating a brawl outside the Maccies in town at 4am during a season)

It never bothered me even one tiny bit that he spat at some nomark playing for West Brom. I really can't work out how/why it irks others.
I think you might just be looking for reasons to criticise, but hey ho
Spitting in someone's face is the actions of a complete and utter scumbag. Don't try and make pathetic excuses for that behaviour. Unbelievable the way some people obviously think.

Spitting in someone's face is the actions of a complete and utter scumbag. Don't try and make pathetic excuses for that behaviour. Unbelievable the way some people obviously think.

He can sh*t in their faces if he keeps us clean sheets.

They may have underlying meanings but in terms of end result punching is far worse than spitting. For god's sake we've all at least once been spat in the face by people accidentally as they talk or eat or whatever. It's quite hard to accidentally punch someone in the face, but it hurts a helluva lot more. People have died from taking just an odd thrown punch... I doubt spitting carries the same threat.

Have you never been angry on a football pitch, wanted to kick something in frustration when its not going your way? Well I have. And whilst I don't really know why he is mind went straight to gobbing a big phlegmball, I do know that that level of emotion makes it easy for you to make rash decisions. I've fallen out with mates over stpid kickabouts because I hated losing them. So I don't see the problem with giving him a wiped-clean (spitshined?) slate to start at Goodison, on the counts that a) notwithstanding the obvious stigma, spitting isn't really that bad in any way and b) he did durin a game, in the heat of the moment, not to some innocent bystander in the street when pissed. (I'm looking at you, Joey Barton. He's never spat at anyone - though he did nearly blind someone with a cigar and was charged for instigating a brawl outside the Maccies in town at 4am during a season)

It never bothered me even one tiny bit that he spat at some nomark playing for West Brom. I really can't work out how/why it irks others.
I think you might just be looking for reasons to criticise, but hey ho

Sorry mate, but I disagree.

Spitting is pretty low life. But I'd compromise because it was an incident over two years ago at a different club, but would say that if he ever repeated it whilst wearing an Everton shirt, I'd want him out straight away, that day. That's just how I feel.

Sorry mate, but I disagree.

Spitting is pretty low life. But I'd compromise because it was an incident over two years ago at a different club, but would say that if he ever repeated it whilst wearing an Everton shirt, I'd want him out straight away, that day. That's just how I feel.

I'm with you there.

Listen, he spat at someone ages ago.

He has not done it since - move on.

Why do we insist on dwelling on the negatives all the time?

Martinez seems to imply he was spitting on the ground and caught the wrong player, after being abused. If that is true then its definitely not as bad as it sounds but really nothing to back that side of it up. having said that its strange to compare it coldly to someone punching someone. in both cases exactly how bad it was would boil down to levels of provocation and how pre-meditated it was. You could be charged with assault for spitting at someone in the street but you could be charged just abusing someone too. whether it was justifiable after provocation is crucial though. punching someone in the street with no provocation is much more likely to lead to a charge, so really how people feel personally about it really is just that, but are you really more likely to react to being spat at than being punched? Definitely think if he does it deliberately with no provocation at Everton then he should be on his way but saying there is nothing worse is not really sensible

I'm glad we talk about it, we're not Racism FC across the park, we acknowledge the faults of our players, but we don't apologise for them, we move on and accept it as part of who they are. I won't hold it against him nor bring it up, but I won't brush it under the carpet like the red****e do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back