The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't listen to bookies . Last summer on talksport a guy from the men was talking about uniteds deals and he was asked about a few targets he was then asked about baines and he said I can see this one being the only deal to be wrapped up in a few weeks . In reality united didnt even make a bid . It's dragging on to long now he won't go and I don't think Fellaini will go . There is just not a lot of intrest in the players. Arsenal have to sign higuian or rooney first so I doubt they will be splashing out on him before addressing the main problem

definitely don't see anything that would convince them Fellaini or Baines are certain to go so taking it as them keeping up interest because they are pretty certain they won't. their odds are longer than they have been for awhile so assume your average punter thinks its all been nonsense. still get annoyed at how much it is talked about in same breath as Suarez and Rooney, both players who have made massive statements about leaving. got to be unsettling the team on some level as it certainly unsettles the fans. How do you stop it though?

Lot of double standards over this. Spitting is bad, but so too is racially abusing your own players (which is what the most successful captain of this club did as manager at a lower league club ) as is getting caught up in the sectarian hatred of your supporters and butting someone in the face (as Duncan Ferguson did), as is smacking **** out your bird (as Pienaar has apparently been cautioned about).

In other words, it's a dangerous game taking the moral high ground. In this instance it's being highlighted ad nauseum by someone who wont accept Martinez as manager and uses anything and everything as a way of attacking him. I suspect if we had another manager they wouldn't give a shiny one about spitting.

...whilst all such actions are inexcusable I think we have to reflect that many of these blokes come from impoverished backgrounds and vastly different cultures. They might be multi-millionaires now but they are lads who come from streets where they had to scrap for everything. Even little guys like Pienaar are probably tough as old boots. What we need to ensure is that they maintain decent standards when wearing the Everton shirt and we don't belittle the club defending the indefensible if they step out of line.

Moyes has now boasted with Uniteds unlimited budget -
he says he is in no rush - only going to buy the best -
Bale and Ronaldo first the papers say -
and if there is some small change left he will probably go for Fellaini and Baines -

Realistically, how much money does everyone think we have left to spend?? 10M?

Sell Heitinga + Gueye and we could be looking at 15? Even if Baines and Fellaini did go we could potentially be looking at a transfer kitty of 60. Silly numbers....

Realistically, how much money does everyone think we have left to spend?? 10M?

Sell Heitinga + Gueye and we could be looking at 15? Even if Baines and Fellaini did go we could potentially be looking at a transfer kitty of 60. Silly numbers....

I seriously doubt we would get more than 10 for heitinga and gueye. Heitinga seems quite happy to pull a Winston Bograde on us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back