The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley will suit Martinez to be honest, so I recken we will see a lot of him this season but it would be great to get an experience playmaker for barkley to learn from.

I hope\predict that Barkley will flourish under Martinez -
if United pays a descent price for Fellaini we could buy a good CM who links better with the forwards

Do you recken Fellaini will not suit Martinez team, do we need someone more mobile.

He looked up for it today, really has some World Class touches and link up play. Even for a big lad I think he suits Martinez's style of play perfectly.

I expect Fellaini and Gibson to be really important next season, even more so than Baines in my opinion.

If baines does go would love moses, a cm and a decent LB with the money shaw has signed a new deal at Southampton so would have to look abroad valenca's French lb would be brilliant cant remember his name

Cissokho?. Yeah he wouldn't be bad, 26 and still learning, and apparently wants a move but the sh!te are interested in him by all accounts?!.

I know it's only pre season but Oviedo didn't look to bad back there at FB. He's quick, neat and tidy on the ball and looked like he could defend. But tbh, I don't want us to sell Baines.

As for reinforcements I think we need a creative player in midfield with Felli and Gibson. Noticed Martinez started with a 4-2-3-1 formation today but we lacked real movement and creativity in the middle of the park, except for Gibbo.

I do think once Martinez as all the players at his disposal and fit, we will start to see a difference, we'll start to have a cutting edge to our game.

Do think he'll go with a 4-3-3 eventually and I wouldn't be surprised to see Alcaraz at the back with Jags?!. He's comfortable on the ball, decent in the air and at reading the game and would complement Jags well.

Then in midfield he'll have a triangle of Gibbo and Felli with either a new signing, Pienaar or Barkley ahead of them.

Then I think he'll look to put Deulofeu in at the deep end and use him wide right straight away with Mirallas down the left and them 2 interchanging from time to time. Then I think he'll play Kone up top. That front 3 will have plenty of pace and movement and will cause a lot of teams problems next season. I do think we just lack that creative spark in midfield to compliment both Gibbo & Felli though!. Is Pienaar or Barkley the answer?. Or would it be worth looking to bring someone in?.

But once we get going in pre season and get fit and start getting used to the way RM wants to play, im sure we'll be fine. Things wont change or just happen over night, its a work in progress and will take time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you recken Fellaini will not suit Martinez team, do we need someone more mobile.

Fellaini will not suit Martinez's style of play perfectly in an attacking sense -
as a def mid he is at his most effective protecting the back four with his physical style of play -
as an attacker he is too slow and lumpy and quick darting runs is not his strong point -
he is a good attacker for the old Everton long ball game even though he always receives the ball with his back to the goal -
he turns too slowly and is too slow off the mark in my opinion to be perfect for that role -
therefore I see him more as a defending midfielder going up for set pieces
we need a playmaker with an accurate long pass and surging runs up the middle to set the forwards alight

Sounds like my suspicions were correct we need a passing cm not many around mind you

?
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back