The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, he is a good player. Nowhere near the quality of his compatriot and former Ajax teammate Jan Vertonghen, but then again very few are. :dodgy:

He would be better than Heitinga and Vermaelen though (both ex-Ajax player as well).

Vertonghen would have been a brilliant signing for us the year before spurs got him...top player.

Can't see this happening. All over the papers the RS are looking to get him and Erikson in a double deal. As for us, midfield is where we should be the priority over any transfer budget we have left.

That source on Twitter says that if no Deal is agreed between him and Everton then he will sign a new contract with ajax. Last option for him.
Let's hope we have a Johnny Switcheroo on our hands.

Even though he's right footed, he could possibly be the long term replacement for Distin.. which is something we definitely need.

people questioning why we would be interested in another CB? Firstly, i dont think you can have too many goos players, and with the manager (IMO) looking to play 3 CBs then a 4th makes sense.

Id love a swap with heitinga in there somewhere but people need to get over this fantasy that duffy is anywhere near good enough for everton. Hes not, hes dog****. He posted on twitter yesterday about it being one for him to forget. I think i could say that ever time ive seen him play. Doesnt have the confidence or attitude for me to make it. I wouldnt **** him off just yet cos there is an outside chance he would get there after a year in the championship but people thinking he might be a first team regular under martinez are in for some disappointment. Maybe Moyes didnt have any problem about his age? Maybe Moyes just had a problem turning like a U-Boat and generally just not being good enough?

people questioning why we would be interested in another CB? Firstly, i dont think you can have too many goos players, and with the manager (IMO) looking to play 3 CBs then a 4th makes sense.

Id love a swap with heitinga in there somewhere but people need to get over this fantasy that duffy is anywhere near good enough for everton. Hes not, hes dog****. He posted on twitter yesterday about it being one for him to forget. I think i could say that ever time ive seen him play. Doesnt have the confidence or attitude for me to make it. I wouldnt **** him off just yet cos there is an outside chance he would get there after a year in the championship but people thinking he might be a first team regular under martinez are in for some disappointment. Maybe Moyes didnt have any problem about his age? Maybe Moyes just had a problem turning like a U-Boat and generally just not being good enough?

You are too harsh on Duffy

Very harsh! He wouldn't be in my first team but he couldn't be worse than Heitinga was last season. Whenever I've seen Duffy play he's looked unspectacular but pretty solid and well capable at getting a goal from set pieces. Hope you're not just judging him based on yesterdays performance because that would be ridiculous.

You are too harsh on Duffy

Maybe it sounds like hes being harsh but I can understand his post completely. A lot of people on here have been calling for him to be playing for 12 months now, ****ging moyes off in the process with the normal ignoring youth shouts. Making out like we had this young defender who's potentially top class not getting a chance. Questioning how on earth a Dutch CB is keeping him out of the team based on 3 promising performances when his strengths (which he has) were there to see but his weaknesses were even more so, even tho they were not massively exposed on that occasion.

Get the lad out on loan for a year. He deserves that and needs it. IMO alcaraz takes the place of Duffy and we still need another CB to replace Heitinga if he goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back