The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to work out how far back to go to work out who people are arguing about it. Is it a serious rumour? who is it?

It'd make sense to get Alderweireld. Distin isnt getting any younger, Duffy needs a loan, Heitinga is most likely a goner, that leaves us with Alcaraz 30, Jagielka 30 and Distin 36, Alderweireld is only 24 so he's definitely long term replacements for all three. If we get him of course.

Hmmmm, lets see shall we:
Aquilani or Gibson????

Cheap p[layers brough from the british islands just that have played for us includes Cahill, Lescott, Jags, Coleman

But no, buy aborad; i mean they are always cheap and successful:
Postiga
Jo
Robhino
Kleberson
Bebe
Luque
Schevchecko
and there are many more in the list.

You can find talent anywhere at a decent prices, whether at home or abroad. Your original comment shows how you are either very young or just plain don't understand much

To be fair, he can give you a list of players that were local but yet a waste of money.

Last edited:
It'd make sense to get Alderweireld. Distin isnt getting any younger, Duffy needs a loan, Heitinga is most likely a goner, that leaves us with Alcaraz 30, Jagielka 30 and Distin 36, Alderweireld is only 24 so he's definitely long term replacements for all three. If we get him of course.

If we sign Alderweireld, my opinion on the manager will definitely change. A perm signing that I will get excited for.

Dutch Telegraph have linked us with that Ajax defender:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/21732003/__Alderweireld_in_beeld_bij_Everton__.html

Nothing concrete, in fact nothing at all, but they claim we're interested but haven't made a bid.

We really should be clearing out the squad to make room for better signings... Heitinga, Gueye, Vellios, Anichebe all rubbish and would generate close to 10m if sold.

thanks for summary. I agree with offloading a lot more but if he is sensible enough this probably could be in hand and will be done once he has all he wants in. personally think he will have a much longer look at Velios though

been going on about this for awhile, am sure talk sh*t do it too. hard to prove but its pretty serious if you realise that it means none of these people would worry about creating news if they profited from it. Maybe it sounds bit over the top but how far away from the match fixing we see in other countries is it. Think that they maybe breaking some law to do with conflict of interest anyway. Maybe I just hate them but definitely think they just have to be taken as full of sh*t

Talk sport get a lot of money from the bookmakers, I have a family member who works in the industry and he used to look after that account for the firm. Would not surprise me if they were planting rumours.

Maybe it sounds like hes being harsh but I can understand his post completely. A lot of people on here have been calling for him to be playing for 12 months now, ****ging moyes off in the process with the normal ignoring youth shouts. Making out like we had this young defender who's potentially top class not getting a chance. Questioning how on earth a Dutch CB is keeping him out of the team based on 3 promising performances when his strengths (which he has) were there to see but his weaknesses were even more so, even tho they were not massively exposed on that occasion.

Get the lad out on loan for a year. He deserves that and needs it. IMO alcaraz takes the place of Duffy and we still need another CB to replace Heitinga if he goes!

At the same time, you're ****ging a player off after half an hour of a pre season game. He needs games to improve, we need to develop youth, and he has talent. It'll just take time.

I think a talent like Eriksen will be looking for a club a bit bigger than that shower. One of the best players in Europe isn't going to a club out of the CL and with no real prospect of crashing the party this season either. That's why Suarez is getting off.

De Boer putting him in the shop window with any 'link' to Liverpool.
Eriksen will fail big time in the PL. Is not suited for the high tempo at all. One of the most overrated young players in Europe.

Well this is the talent keeping Duffy out of the Irish squad:

4 DF John O'Shea 30 April 1981 (age 32) 89 1 England Sunderland
18 DF Richard Dunne 21 September 1979 (age 33) 77 8 England Aston Villa
5 DF Sean St Ledger 28 December 1984 (age 28) 36 3 England Leicester City
12 DF Stephen Kelly 6 September 1983 (age 29) 35 0 England Reading
13 DF Paul McShane 6 January 1986 (age 27) 31 0 England Hull City
3 DF Darren O'Dea 4 February 1987 (age 26) 19 1 Canada Toronto FC
2 DF Séamus Coleman 11 October 1988 (age 24) 14 0 England Everton
14 DF Marc Wilson 17 August 1987 (age 25) 7 1 England Stoke City
25 DF Damien Delaney 20 July 1981 (age 31) 7 0 England Crystal Palace
24 DF Richard Keogh 11 August 1986 (age 26) 2 1 England Derby County

Not saying he won't make the grade, but he isn't the sure thing that he is occasionally (and I don't necessarily mean in this thread) made out to be.

Are there any good rumours about? I love a good rumour me. A proper one though, with itk's and stuff. Not just what someone read in the paper. Are there any then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back