The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
also should buy messi, ronaldo, thiago silva, javi martinez, pirlo, sergio ramos, casillas and ibrahimovic

ibra
ronaldo messi lamela
martinez pirlo
baines silva ramos hibbert
casillas

we'd be unstoppable

Pirlo is a bit old mate. Don't think it would make much business sense signing him as we wouldn't be able to sell him on in a few years time for a profit.

Some people can't seem to get their head round the idea that the new TV deal starts this summer but we won't receive the increased money from it until the end of this coming season

Some people can't seem to get their head round the idea that the new TV deal starts this summer but we won't receive the increased money from it until the end of this coming season

That may be but you can be sure the board have leveraged loans against it. borrowed on the back of money they don't have to pay down interest on loans they do have. It's a delicate house of cards being built here. Whats mind boggling is the combined wealth of the board and the interests behind it. Thats my friday moan, now I'm off out to fry in 40 degree sunshine!

This still goes down as an asset on our balance sheet. It's an account receivable. We should still be able to use the funds.

And yet other clubs are managing to spend a lot of money on players despite having modest income from other areas.

I think as Everton fans we have come to expect highs and lows from all transfer Windows.. We are nearly always linked to any footballer with a heartbeat but as sad as it is to say this as a efc fan all my life there is no money there. I live in Dublin so I only hear rumours through this site and others but it's obvious to me that Bill doesn't want to sell the club or in my opinion if he seriously did it would have been sold by now.. This window I've enjoyed it getting a couple players in early ok May not be what some were expecting but there wearing Jersey now!! Feel that fellaini will go to man u and Baines will stay and we will get in mc Carthy and Moses in on loan...

And yet other clubs are managing to spend a lot of money on players despite having modest income from other areas.

The ones spending seem to mainly be recently promoted clubs which still have pretty low wages to pay, which in turn meant they turned over a decent profit even with the old tv deal though. I'm not trying to defend our board at all, just saying that i expect us to be as skint as always this summer

The ones spending seem to mainly be recently promoted clubs which still have pretty low wages to pay, which in turn meant they turned over a decent profit even with the old tv deal though. I'm not trying to defend our board at all, just saying that i expect us to be as skint as always this summer

Swansea couldn't afford to spend big last summer when they had very low wages, but this summer they've signed a £12m player despite having higher wages to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back