Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it funny mate?

If say our 'best striker' turning utter sh*te is far from funny.

Why should we wait? He had more than enough chances to 'come good' last season.

It's funny reading about everyone "having a feeling" he will still be crap NOT that he turned crap, read what I wrote again.

Strikers have bad patches, confidence drops, they son't fit the managers style of play. Let's wait and see what he does under Roberto rather than risk losing a striker who obviously CAN do it because he HAS done it.

It's funny reading about everyone "having a feeling" he will still be crap NOT that he turned crap, read what I wrote again.

Strikers have bad patches, confidence drops, they son't fit the managers style of play. Let's wait and see what he does under Roberto rather than risk losing a striker who obviously CAN do it because he HAS done it.
What's even funnier is having a feeling that he'll come back to the way he was in his first season.

LOL'ing at all you lot saying get rid of of Jelavic because you have "a feeling" he won't rediscover his form.

It amazes me that we are so fickle that we want rid of our best striker (the previous season, who we were touting as one of the best in the prem) because we have " a feeling"

Accepting any where near 6 mil for a striker who can do what he did in his first season is utter madness. Waiting until Jan and seeing if he can come good is surely the measured, adult approach to managing a footballer low on confidence?!?!

Not really a 'feeling' on my part, more watching him last season doing his best impression of a smacked up 12 year old who's never seen a football before.

Too much at stake these day's giving a player 'another year' to re-discover form. Take the money and re-invest it in a younger talent who can grow under this new team. Sadly Jela's leg's have gone to jelly, can't see him gaining any sort of pace or fitness that will help him this season. James Beattie-esq season last season. £6-8 million would be unreal.

...as noted earlier, I'm happy if Jelavic goes but most important is the manager's assessment. If the player is allowed to move I would assume this aligns with RM strategy. Hopefully he has a replacement in mind who can seriously challenge Kone because based on last season I'm afraid we haven't got anybody with that ability at the moment.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that something happened to him last season.

That something may not be at the club now.

Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt me.

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read wanting rid of Jelavic. Unless we have some sort of massive fee remaining before player sales then selling him would be suicidal.

Touted fee £6m? Just how do you replace a "potential" 15-20 goal striker with that. Ludicrous IMO.

He was shocking for most of last season, cant disagree, but I AM going to blame his isolation in a 4-5-1 system with Fellaini up top. He was always out wide, looking for the ball! His season was over half way through when his confidence was just completely shot!

The right motivation and he again could be a top top striker. One injury to Kone and we are Big Vic and Velios only.

Would not be happy with this at all!

...as noted earlier, I'm happy if Jelavic goes but most important is the manager's assessment. If the player is allowed to move I would assume this aligns with RM strategy. Hopefully he has a replacement in mind who can seriously challenge Kone because based on last season I'm afraid we haven't got anybody with that ability at the moment.

denisstracqualursi_20110906.jpg

I think the example of Yakubu and Saha was quite instructive and relevant to this discussion.

Both were good for Everton initially. Both went stale, lost their confidence and struggled for form. Both were viewed as "past it" and both were sold/let go to other Premiership clubs. Both immediately started scoring for their new clubs and looked extremely fluid and confident: Yakubu, in particular, scored 17 in 30 for a horrendous Blackburn side even though many people had said that he could never fully recover from his Achilles injury and was never going to be the same player again.

I think there is some truth to the "Moyes ruins strikers theory" and I fully expect Jelavic to have a much better season. That said, if Kone was bought as his replacement because the new manager doesn't think he'll fit into his system, that's a different story and he should be sold to make way for people RM wants in.

He played well for 16 games in a few months when he first joined us then gash for 43 in a full season. That indicates to me that the real Jelavic is crap and his first 16 were an anomaly rather than the other way round as many are claiming.

Im more than confident if jelavic is being sold we will buy another striker. A first choice No.1 striker! IMO Martinez decided straight away that jelavic wasn't for him, kone was his replacement to play a variety of roles. Lone striker, from the wing, from the bench. I think he'll bring in a striker who can play off a striker (kone) or up top on his own....he'll be número uno and kone will come in when and where needed.

It's all about options with RM. jelavic doesn't offer many options other than he can slot if on form, and who's to say he'd get that back...he's very possibly just been found out. Not worth the risk, I'd be looking to do exactly what RM is and moving him on.

I think the example of Yakubu and Saha was quite instructive and relevant to this discussion.

Both were good for Everton initially. Both went stale, lost their confidence and struggled for form. Both were viewed as "past it" and both were sold/let go to other Premiership clubs. Both immediately started scoring for their new clubs and looked extremely fluid and confident: Yakubu, in particular, scored 17 in 30 for a horrendous Blackburn side even though many people had said that he could never fully recover from his Achilles injury and was never going to be the same player again.

I think there is some truth to the "Moyes ruins strikers theory" and I fully expect Jelavic to have a much better season. That said, if Kone was bought as his replacement because the new manager doesn't think he'll fit into his system, that's a different story and he should be sold to make way for people RM wants in.

Saha didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back