Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone saying we can't afford to "give him another year"? Who is saying anything about a full year?

He does deserve the same fresh slate everyone else is getting though, and hes been back in training for a week as of today.

Giving him a season means everyone is expecting to go a whole season with scoring, which is a bit unfair. If he scored 4 in August, would everyone ****ging him off still want him sold before the deadline?

Doubt it.

The Jelavic who scored the goal against Newcastle on last game of the season 2012, is not a **** player. Try teaching that movement and speed of thought to anyone, see where it gets you.

And I would be interested to see which of the people ****ging him off where also saying they'd have Denis or Bily back in various threads. And for the record, I liked both of them...

But I love Jelavic, and if he can get a bit of confidence back, we all would have him in our starting 11.

Last edited:
LOL'ing at all you lot saying get rid of of Jelavic because you have "a feeling" he won't rediscover his form.

It amazes me that we are so fickle that we want rid of our best striker (the previous season, who we were touting as one of the best in the prem) because we have " a feeling"

Accepting any where near 6 mil for a striker who can do what he did in his first season is utter madness. Waiting until Jan and seeing if he can come good is surely the measured, adult approach to managing a footballer low on confidence?!?!

You just like to be contrarian bolly

Don't you lad?

Eh?

Go on, admit it

I'm joking of course, I can see merrit to your points but I also think that if he does turn out to be rubbish, we will really shoot ourselves in the foot in regards to what we could get for him

Maybe best to cut our losses now?

Tough decision regardless

denisstracqualursi_20110906.jpg

Cheeky

From what that Hamburger fella is saying, it sounds like we are pimping him out to everyone and anyone.

Pretty sure he has zero future here anymore, which is a shame, the first 6months he looked like 1 of the best strikers ive seen in a long time

It's funny reading about everyone "having a feeling" he will still be crap NOT that he turned crap, read what I wrote again.

Strikers have bad patches, confidence drops, they son't fit the managers style of play. Let's wait and see what he does under Roberto rather than risk losing a striker who obviously CAN do it because he HAS done it.

Don't get me wrong pal. I really hope he does come good.

But I don't think he will. Not saying we have better options like. Just think he's lost it. He did nothing in the second half of last season to say he deserves this second chance.

Don't get me wrong pal. I really hope he does come good.

But I don't think he will. Not saying we have better options like. Just think he's lost it. He did nothing in the second half of last season to say he deserves this second chance.

boo! ijjy has ginger pubes!

I just think he got found out.

I dont think Fellis change had anything to do with it, I dont think MOYLES making him run the channels had anything to do it with, Managers just watched tapes, its basic tactics, to stop him, step forward when balls are played over the top, mark him tightly in the box, simples.

The quotes from the Hamburg chap saying they would look at the possibility of a loan or payment through installments if they cant ship out a couple of players aren't too encouraging.

Sounds like something we'd come out with when trying to sign someone, poor Hamburg, must be as broke as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back