Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was intruiged to see how he'd do under a different manager, but after what martinez said about heitinga in the FA Cup, i trust his judgement on players. i think we should go for darren bent if we can get him for around £7m, he'd score goals for us without a doubt
what'd Martinez say about heitinga in the FA cup?

The lad clearly cares. If he goes, then so be it; we've lost bigger & better players. For now though he's a toffee, and for as long as he remains so, can we just give him our full support and best wishes? FFS.

163793930.jpg

why not? they paid £15m for that useless cart caroll, they'd probably give us £8m for jelavic.

any bid over what we paid for jela and i'd accept tbh, just have that feeling he won't be the player he was when he first came. anything under £4m and i'd say no, unless we could replace him who's boss at an absolute steal.

was intruiged to see how he'd do under a different manager, but after what martinez said about heitinga in the FA Cup, i trust his judgement on players. i think we should go for darren bent if we can get him for around £7m, he'd score goals for us without a doubt

Darren Bent has a knack for pissing off managers, it might be a good idea to pass on him perhaps

I like him. Bought him for how much though?
S'land bought him for a crazy £8M-£12M fee.

Looked good at Ipswich, runs 'the channels' and drops deep. Was pretty much destroyed by injury up there though so he might be a big gamble. He'd be a handful if someone could get him healthy and playing.

Where have you got such ill-informed information? When have you ever seen RVP running the channels, or Hernandez? And can you please point to an example of a Mourinho striker running the channels, because I don't ever remember him using it with Drogba at Chelsea, Milito at Inter or Higuain/Benzema at Madrid

I'm not gonna digg out every comment, watching RVP last season tells you all you need to know. Suarez for Liverpool etc..

Anyway mouriniho talking about lakaku.....

Asked if the youngster could start the season as his first-choice frontman, the Portuguese tactician said: "Of course. It's up to the kid, but he's open and intelligent enough to learn the kind of movement we want.

"We don't want the striker just aiming between the central defenders, but making movements, sometimes between the midfield or moving wide. They're learning to play the way I want.

We wont be bringing in another striker kone played under RM and I guarantee he will be first choice, it will either be moses or a winger of that type

S'land bought him for a crazy £8M-£12M fee.

Looked good at Ipswich, runs 'the channels' and drops deep. Was pretty much destroyed by injury up there though so he might be a big gamble. He'd be a handful if someone could get him healthy and playing.
There is a good player threatening to get out there, he isnt a run behind sort of forward though from what i remember. I think that might be what we want. Also would Sunderland be willing to take a 7-8 million pound hit on him?

I'm not gonna digg out every comment, watching RVP last season tells you all you need to know. Suarez for Liverpool etc..

Anyway mouriniho talking about lakaku.....

Asked if the youngster could start the season as his first-choice frontman, the Portuguese tactician said: "Of course. It's up to the kid, but he's open and intelligent enough to learn the kind of movement we want.

"We don't want the striker just aiming between the central defenders, but making movements, sometimes between the midfield or moving wide. They're learning to play the way I want.

It's not a problem if the striker is an accomplished (for lack of a better term) "channel runner", like Suarez. However, Moyes' problem was playing EVERY striker as a channel runner, even when it blatantly wasn't their game. Mourinho and SAF know which strikers should be running the channels, and who should be poaching. You never saw Van Nistelrooy chasing down a ball into the corner flag did you?

...there's so much conjecture regarding a replacement but if Jelavic goes I'm hoping RM has somebody fresh lined up who we probably haven't heard of rather than picking up scraps from another English club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back