Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a good player threatening to get out there, he isnt a run behind sort of forward though from what i remember. I think that might be what we want. Also would Sunderland be willing to take a 7-8 million pound hit on him?

Probably not that low, but they are loaning him out and that gets them precisely **** all when Di Canio wants cash in. He's obviously not wanted and there's a bit of a fire sale on at Sunderland right now.

I'm not sure myself. Just throwing out names that I think would be cheap and available...which is going to be the market where (again) we'll be operating.

You just like to be contrarian bolly

Don't you lad?

Eh?

Go on, admit it

I'm joking of course, I can see merrit to your points but I also think that if he does turn out to be rubbish, we will really shoot ourselves in the foot in regards to what we could get for him

Maybe best to cut our losses now?

Tough decision regardless

There is an element of truth in this!

I mean what I say but always seem to play devils advocate.

Loves a row me!

Probably not that low, but they are loaning him out and that gets them precisely **** all when Di Canio wants cash in. He's obviously not wanted and there's a bit of a fire sale on at Sunderland right now.

I'm not sure myself. Just throwing out names that I think would be cheap and available...which is going to be the market where (again) we'll be operating.
Im not sure, I have an impression more money than previously is available. Not wealthy per se, just the new manager seeing more than the old one would have. Maybe offload Jelavic and pick up two players out of that? Christ knows tbh.

It's not a problem if the striker is an accomplished (for lack of a better term) "channel runner", like Suarez. However, Moyes' problem was playing EVERY striker as a channel runner, even when it blatantly wasn't their game. Mourinho and SAF know which strikers should be running the channels, and who should be poaching. You never saw Van Nistelrooy chasing down a ball into the corner flag did you?

Hmmm but the stats actually prove jelavic was not actually being forced into a "moyes Chanel runner" he spent more time per game in the box than he did when he joined...

Hmmm but the stats actually prove jelavic was not actually being forced into a "moyes Chanel runner" he spent more time per game in the box than he did when he joined...

On average he obviously would have done, as he played about 40 games last season compared to 16 in his first half-season. Stats can sometimes be deceiving

Last edited:
The quotes from the Hamburg chap saying they would look at the possibility of a loan or payment through installments if they cant ship out a couple of players aren't too encouraging.

Sounds like something we'd come out with when trying to sign someone, poor Hamburg, must be as broke as us.

If Hamburg are that skint maybe they'll consider a swap deal for someone like Rudnevs?

Best situation bring in a RM/CM with the money and then next season use next seaaons tv cash to bring in a £10-15 mil quality striker, I think this season a CM/RM is a must kone and anichebe with mirallas as backup is enough cover for now

It is called hold-up play, the main striker has to be able to hold the ball (he needs to have a good touch) and be able to lay the ball off to midfielders/wingers who are moving up the field ... he then lays off the ball, runs into position or runs out wide and thus stretches the defense and opens up space for other players to run into and score...

Jelavic is/was very poor at this no 1 strikers task. During the first year he was wonderful at one touch poaching, when that deserted him (one reason is that defenders learned how to mark him/stop the service to him) he because night on useless...

Ok then, I'll be the 1st to mention Shane Long

(Personally, I think if we sell Jelavic we'll lump it on Moses and that'll be that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back