Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is called hold-up play, the main striker has to be able to hold the ball (he needs to have a good touch) and be able to lay the ball off to midfielders/wingers who are moving up the field ... he then lays off the ball, runs into position or runs out wide and thus stretches the defense and opens up space for other players to run into and score...

Jelavic is/was very poor at this no 1 strikers task. During the first year he was wonderful at one touch poaching, when that deserted him (one reason is that defenders learned how to mark him/stop the service to him) he because night on useless...

Jelavic's linkup play impressed me

Advocating shipping out Jelavic & replacing him with Connor Wickham?

Put the crack pipe down Dave, Wickham is utter bilge
It's called thinking outside the box. We're skint because of the same old **** from the gangsters in the boardroom.

He probably wouldn't be the answer...but then again, neither is Jelavic.

Apparently Liverpool take about 3m if the fee is anywhere near 8m for this Ince lad.

For that reason alone I say avoid!

How about Cisse at Newcastle? Seems to be trying to engineer a move with this whole refusing to play in a Wonga shirt. Might cost upward of ten million mind.

He's decent. Not sure he scores too often though?

He can click, click, click though :D

He has a bit of everything and he'd contribute with goals but not a main striker type. Then again, will we play with a 'main striker' as such? hard to know.

Martinez signs ince that will validate my theory that he thinks everton are a mid table
Club

I don't think that's fair mate. Depends how much we sign him for. He's still only 21, a lot of time to improve. Don't believe he will be world class, but he will be an asset to the team long term...however, signing him for £8mill+ would be silly

He's decent. Not sure he scores too often though?
He's actually very good at getting his boot on the ball in the box. For a smallish guy his hold up play is excellent, he is quick and he moves well behind defenders. Id love him here in all honesty but i dont think West Brom would part with their only good, sane and available striker for a fee we could afford.

I don't think that's fair mate depends how much we sign him for. He's still only 21, a lot of time to improve. Don't believe he will be world class, but he will be an asset to the team long term...however, signing him for £8mill+ would be silly

Considering moses is 22, has CL experience, is proven PL quality and plays for one of europes best teams i would much rather go for him than some championship chump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back