Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orrrrrrrr, Martinez brought in players he felt the squad needed now, and now he is waiting to see what everybody else can do as the whole squad is finally back together now. He said himself, he needs to assess the squad further before making anymore decisions regarding signings, that goes for selling as well.

can understand peoples' impatience but I think that the way you describe is exactly what we should be hoping for. we knew the squad had gaps in terms of competition but we also knew players have been underused and if any money doesn't even get spent till xmas then its a sign of a manager who wants to keep the squad tight, competitive and make sure the young players already there know they have a shot if they are good enough

Orrrrrrrr, Martinez brought in players he felt the squad needed now, and now he is waiting to see what everybody else can do as the whole squad is finally back together now. He said himself, he needs to assess the squad further before making anymore decisions regarding signings, that goes for selling as well.

thats pretty much whats happening atm. Cause Jelavic is basically offered to places it indicates that Martinez has a clear vision of what he wants. Pretty excited to see what happends after possible Jelavic departure. I like Jela but likr many have said here maybe he just aint a forward Martinez wants/needs

For some reason Jelavic looked upset and out of sorts at the start of last season when we were playing well. whether it was something to do with Miralllas arriving when he thought Naismith had been bought to play alongside him, or something Moyes had said to him about how he wants him to play, it was annoying to watch him moan at other players rather than get on with it. I like him but I think he is one of two or three players you can imagine could make a managers mind up for him before he has even seen them play. I think him and Heitinga will be the only players to leave.

Yeah I'd say his initial task was to add to the squad. With there being 2/3 players he knew would be available and he knew well. He's brought 4 in for the squad, all in posistions we needed. Good start IMO

The tough task will be the selling/signings of players now to make a difference to the first 11.
IMO we still need 2/3 first team players. A No.10/striker, CM and RW. Maybe even another DCM and CB for the squad. Still plenty of business to be done, and one of the main bits of business keeping definately baines and ideally Fellaini too.

Hopefully he has some decent funds set asside. And the potential sales of heitinga, Guaye, Naismith and Jelavic, hopefully could add another 10M or so to the kitty.

Looking at what last years top 5 are trying to do and trying to bring in, we could be up against it a little. If there's ever a time to really attack the transfer market it's now. We really need to get some HP deals set up!

All gone very quiet on fellaini isn't it I wonder if the ginger one will go in for him? Especially if fabergas doesn't happen for him....

Yeah I'd say his initial task was to add to the squad. With there being 2/3 players he knew would be available and he knew well. He's brought 4 in for the squad, all in posistions we needed. Good start IMO

The tough task will be the selling/signings of players now to make a difference to the first 11.
IMO we still need 2/3 first team players. A No.10/striker, CM and RW. Maybe even another DCM and CB for the squad. Still plenty of business to be done, and one of the main bits of business keeping definately baines and ideally Fellaini too.
Hopefully he has some decent funds set asside. And the potential sales of heitinga, Guaye, Naismith and Jelavic, hopefully could add another 10M or so to the kitty.

Looking at what last years top 5 are trying to do and trying to bring in, we could be up against it a little. If there's ever a time to really attack the transfer market it's now. We really need to get some HP deals set up!
think its time for us to accept, as much as it hurts Blues fans t be optimistic, that neither are going. Even Alan Brazil on Talksport is starting to accept that his strange, maybe dodgy, obsession with selling Fellaini and Baines, was just nonsense. United fans won't accept them as their main signings and Moyes won't offer the kind of money that would make him look desperate. Chelsea have clearly stated their priorities and no other team in the prem can afford them or attract them. Neither will put in a request and for once the club really don't need the cash. If they are both here another couple years then it sets out a standard that other players will see. Maybe even the board will start to see what could happen if we invest in the future

tom ince is unproven and sinclairs crap. a decent center mid should be next, i like the look of jordy clasie at feynoord would be boss next to gibbo. wouldnt mind seeing felli binned off to bring in soldado and use jelevic money for a center mid.

Last edited:

I simply don't see how we can sign three starters in those positions (and I agree they're needed) without cashing in on Fellaini. Yes, some funds could be raised by selling Jelavic, Gueye, Naismith and Heitinga, but that would take us back down to being a tiny squad and wouldn't generate the level of funding needed for the three new starters you mentioned.

That's all well and good THIS season.... but I bet we'll have games in 2015 too.

No point thinking that far into the future mate.

Loads of things could happen before then. Kone might score 95 goals next season and Man City buy him off us for £34m for example.

We can't just never buy African players because they have a weird tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back