Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The release clause is our enemy not our friend in this case, when it expires we'll be in a stronger negotiating position. I really don't get how some people can think otherwise

You'd like to think so mate, but you know what our board are like pal, seriously think they'd be tempted by a £20m bid after the clause expires, i seriously do.

No point in bidding for Fellaini until right before the clause expires, unless someone else bids first. The price is already set, the later you leave it, the better chance to avoid competition.

You might as well explore your other targets, wait for other clubs to spend their money elsewhere and keep Fellaini as an option.

I think the expiry of the release clause will make it more difficult to buy Fellaini from Everton and if anything the price will go up rather than down....depending what RM has in mind for him , if he fits into the picture of his plans.
I think RM would like McCarthy at Everton and the sale of Fellaini would allow this and leave money for other players.
It does seem however that Fellaini is not as highly regarded as we thought.

You have to admit, Moyes played a blinder with all that 'waiting until I see what position we finish' before signing a contract. THEN even after he agreed to join UTD, hanging around like a bad smell to 'help with planning for the clubs future for the next manager..' THEN asking Bill not to 'undo all my good work'.

It becomes clearer every day that he's been planning for his new role for a considerable time.

His low-ball offer, (which he knew would be refused) for Baines was simply to force the club to shelve their contract offer. We offer Baines a contract now and the player is in too strong of a negotiating position & what if Baines rejected to offer? That would put UTD in too strong of a position.

Everton need to wait it out and offer the contract after the window shuts

I was thinking the same. We can just remain quiet until the window shuts. If any bids come in we can reject them and be pretty sure Baines won't kick up a fuss, then offer a new contract in September

The release clause is our enemy not our friend in this case, when it expires we'll be in a stronger negotiating position. I really don't get how some people can think otherwise

Exactly right.

I think the fact that when challenged as to the validity of their argument, the retorts to me were "Moyes lover", tells you all you need to know about the motive of those eager to sieze upon todays excuse to build a bonfire.

I was thinking the same. We can just remain quiet until the window shuts. If any bids come in we can reject them and be pretty sure Baines won't kick up a fuss, then offer a new contract in September

Exactly, we offer him a contract now, if he doesn't sign the first draft, it's headline news.

price will go up after that date.

The price will be whatever the buyer wants to pay.

That's simple economics. If there's one buyer and they want to pay £20m; then that's the price when the club in question are going to sell.

We're not Tottenham, we can't sit on players of that value and salary holding out for more money. We're in hock to several lending establishments and therefore need to sell to enable any further re-investment.

Moyes paid fifteen million for the beaut. So accepting only five million more after developing the player for five years into a really good central midfielder would be a [Poor language removed] move.

You have to admit, Moyes played a blinder with all that 'waiting until I see what position we finish' before signing a contract. THEN even after he agreed to join UTD, hanging around like a bad smell to 'help with planning for the clubs future for the next manager..' THEN asking Bill not to 'undo all my good work'.

It becomes clearer every day that he's been planning for his new role for a considerable time.

His low-ball offer, (which he knew would be refused) for Baines was simply to force the club to shelve their contract offer. We offer Baines a contract now and the player is in too strong of a negotiating position & what if Baines rejected to offer? That would put UTD in too strong of a position.

Everton need to wait it out and offer the contract after the window shuts.
Agree, it would be silly to go into contracts talks while the window still open.

I think that Moyes badly wanted to leave twelve months ago and would have crawled to London for the Spurs job. I don't really buy into the conspiracy theory. I think he is the luckiest/unluckiest manager in the world to get the job he did. An experienced manager who has never won anything to be given possibly the biggest job in world football.

Spurs didn't consider him and opted for AVB. Time will tell who got the better deal Utd or Spurs,my money is on Spurs.

The price will be whatever the buyer wants to pay.

That's simple economics. If there's one buyer and they want to pay £20m; then that's the price when the club in question are going to sell.

We're not Tottenham, we can't sit on players of that value and salary holding out for more money. We're in hock to several lending establishments and therefore need to sell to enable any further re-investment.

There is currently no financial pressure to sell, the manager himself confirmed that yesterday.

Therefore given that fact & that the player has 3 years left on his current deal, the price would be what the selling club felt was an offer too good to refuse. That's the 'simple economics' of it mate & how anyone could seriously suggest that the price that would tempt us would be less than the meagre buyout clause is beyond me like.

So that means that no la liga players can leave below their release clauses (which are usually set at astronomical prices)....if ronaldos clause is 200 odd mil then you think its going to make someone look a [Poor language removed] if they bid 199mil ?!

Strange theory.

Spanish release clauses are mandatory under Spanish employment law; and are only enforceable to allow Spanish Club A to discuss personal terms with a player from Spanish Club B.

They hold no bearing for international transfers, which is why transfer fees are rarely at the figure cited in the release clause.

I don't think United will move for Fellaini until they're sure Fabregas is a no-go, and I'll be shocked if the fee ends up being much more than £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back