Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is currently no financial pressure to sell, the manager himself confirmed that yesterday.

Therefore given that fact & that the player has 3 years left on his current deal, the price would be what the selling club felt was an offer too good to refuse. That's the 'simple economics' of it mate & how anyone could seriously suggest that the price that would tempt us would be less than the meagre buyout clause is beyond me like.

Nobody has made a bid meeting the buyout clause thus far. If they do, then this whole conversation is moot.

However, if the clause does have an expiry date, you can guarantee that buying clubs will offer a lower figure. Why? Because if they were going to pay the figure cited in the clause, then they would have done so.

If Martinez has been told that the club is in no financial position to sell, then that's fair enough. We're not selling to appease the creditors. Lovely.

However, you can be certain that if Martinez would like to bring in more players, then he will have told that he needs to sell in order to do so. We haven't turned a huge financial corner, there's no windfall or 'war-chest' that the Board have suddenly magicked up from somewhere. The financial constraints Moyes worked to still exist for Martinez.

We have a side that is on a par with our peers and as proven often enough a match for any in the country. However the squad is thin. To increase numbers, we need to sell. Nothing's changed in that respect.

However, if the clause does have an expiry date, you can guarantee that buying clubs will offer a lower figure. Why? Because if they were going to pay the figure cited in the clause, then they would have done so.

If Martinez has been told that the club is in no financial position to sell, then that's fair enough. We're not selling to appease the creditors. Lovely.

However, you can be certain that if Martinez would like to bring in more players, then he will have told that he needs to sell in order to do so. We haven't turned a huge financial corner, there's no windfall or 'war-chest' that the Board have suddenly magicked up from somewhere. The financial constraints Moyes worked to still exist for Martinez.

We have a side that is on a par with our peers and as proven often enough a match for any in the country. However the squad is thin. To increase numbers, we need to sell. Nothing's changed in that respect.

You spoke of necessity, there is no necessity.

If Martinez chooses to sell to re-invest in other areas, then that's his prerogative.

In terms of the asking price, once the clause expires, our position is strengthened, it's a straightforward fact.

You spoke of necessity, there is no necessity.

If Martinez chooses to sell to re-invest in other areas, then that's his prerogative.

In terms of the asking price, once the clause expires, our position is strengthened, it's a straightforward fact.

You have chosen to take Martinez at his word when making statements during a club press conference.
I personally rarely pay any attention to anything spoken by an employee towing the company line. That's the cynic in me, but I'm well versed in hearing one thing then seeing the exact opposite happen in business (my own and the business of football).
If you're right however, then that's fantastic news for us and for football. Everton will be in a far stronger position for it.

Your statement of fact is valid in a free market. However football is very much a buyer's market and Everton fall in with the majority of clubs who are not in a financial position to play hardball with the minority of clubs with much more financial clout. We cannot hold out for more money when the buyers dictate value.

Finally.
I am of the opinion that it is necessary to sell to expand the squad.
I am of the opinion that expanding the squad is necessary.
Therefore selling of players is necessary.

This is why I speak of necessity.

We paid £15 million for him.

He is infinitely better now than he was then, now he is proven PL quality,

His previous club gets a big wedge of future profit (like us with Rooney)

Transfer prices are inflated due to everyone being richer.

Looking at the above there is no way that even our board will accept a bid lower then his clause . They might be melts but it is in their own interest to amke as much for him as possible when the time comes.

Hate doing business with United.

They are the only big club that bully teams, into getting the price down.

Even City give us what we want for players. Barca / Real even Bayern & Chelsea pay what you want.

Oh no, not United, the richest club in the world!!!

If Felli has another great season his price may even rise. Is this release clause permanent?

I think we will see signings soon. He's getting as many games as he can to assess what he actually needs which I'm fully for. May have plans to move Pienaar to CM or Barkely so is looking at other positions. Still, I think he must see we need another powerhouse midfielder such as Diame. If not a playmaker. Wonder if anything has happened with Chantome?

Ill say after the Juve games we will see ins. Maybe even outs if players like Gueye have not impressed him.

The clause should be higher as that's roughly his value anyway. Isn't the aim of the clause to deter teams from signing your players but leaving you in a good position due to the too-good-to-turn-down nature of such clauses? That's how it is in Spain, anyway.

What's the point of having a 20m player with a 20m buy-out clause?

We should give him a new six-year contract, highest paid player with a 35m buy-out clause.

Hate doing business with United.

They are the only big club that bully teams, into getting the price down.

Even City give us what we want for players. Barca / Real even Bayern & Chelsea pay what you want.

Oh no, not United, the richest club in the world!!!
They can be bullyboys, Rooney and Van Persie both force moves into the club at a cheaper price. They paid full price for Zaha and Phil Jones plus Gea and Young tho so you can get good money out of them. They paid 17 million for Jones and 17 million for Young.

The one thing I hate about the transfer window is the back and forth analysis based on what ifs.... when no-one is actually bidding for our players. the fear of losing players and the hatred of all potential suitors is in stark contrast with our excitement over US signing a potential star.
Are we actually rumoured to be vaguely interested in potentially looking at any possible additions to the team right now? Be positive is not only a blood type!

We would be better off keeping Fellaini, he will have a great season before the World Cup and then he will have a chance to sell himself in the World Cup and we get more money so i now recken we offer him a new contact, take the clause out but only if Martinez is going to play him in cm.

Your statement of fact is valid in a free market. However football is very much a buyer's market and Everton fall in with the majority of clubs who are not in a financial position to play hardball with the minority of clubs with much more financial clout. We cannot hold out for more money when the buyers dictate value.

Finally.
I am of the opinion that it is necessary to sell to expand the squad.
I am of the opinion that expanding the squad is necessary.
Therefore selling of players is necessary.

This is why I speak of necessity.

To state that it's a buyers market is a massive over simplification of the reality.

The power in the market is ulitmately wielded by those with the largest budgets, but the price that they pay is dictated by the relative strength of position of the selling club, which in turn is dictated by the length of contract they have on the player who's in demand. Whilst ultimately the selling club can be hounded into parting company with their asset, they can shaft the buying club for a fee that's way over true market value, irrespective of their financial footing e.g. Lescott. So to say that buyers dicate value is plain wrong imo.

Thanks for clearing up that the 'necessity' was merely your opinion mate & not an actual necessity at all (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back