Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I can make it and keep my sanity this time around without a massive distraction or professional help... It could be worse though - could be a Red.

Not transfer related but I just wanted to convey that I had dream last night where I was watching our first match of the season. We won, 2-0, Osman edge of the box first half and Distin header second half.

....I have a feeling Fellaini will need time to settle at new club and that might not be afforded at the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal. He was awful for his first few months here and fans at those clubs could destroy him before he barely gets started. Moyes always used the phrase 'the grass isn't always greener' when players were approached by so called bigger clubs. That was certainly true for the likes of Pienaar and Rodwell and perhaps it could be advice that Moyes himself should have heeded.

You have to admit, Moyes played a blinder with all that 'waiting until I see what position we finish' before signing a contract. THEN even after he agreed to join UTD, hanging around like a bad smell to 'help with planning for the clubs future for the next manager..' THEN asking Bill not to 'undo all my good work'.

It becomes clearer every day that he's been planning for his new role for a considerable time.

His low-ball offer, (which he knew would be refused) for Baines was simply to force the club to shelve their contract offer. We offer Baines a contract now and the player is in too strong of a negotiating position & what if Baines rejected to offer? That would put UTD in too strong of a position.

Everton need to wait it out and offer the contract after the window shuts.

Absolutely spot on that. The hypocrisy of the man is staggering.

Thanks Moyesie, the new manager will try and preserve what's left....after you've asset stripped his new squad because you're too ****ing hopeless to go out and attract other top players to one of the world's richest and most glamorous clubs.

In no way will this all be over in five weeks. Something will happen which means this window needs discussing endlessly throughout the season. It's a never ending cycle.

I can assure you sir this will not be the case. The cycle moves on. Below is a demonstration of the cycle.

May, June, July. Meltseason - lids have high angst over missing out on their favourite computer game players.
August. Bipolarseason - lids are sweating on losing one of our best players but intoxicated on new season optimism.
September, October, November, December. OUTseason - EFC are invariably crap with 2 threads a day calling for manager's head.
January - Minimeltseason - a watered down version of the summer but less intense as there's footie distraction every week.
February, March, April. Goldenseason. EFC are boss and everyone is dreaming of Europe until we get lashed out of the cup cruelly.

Absolutely spot on that. The hypocrisy of the man is staggering.

Thanks Moyesie, the new manager will try and preserve what's left....after you've asset stripped his new squad because you're too ****ing hopeless to go out and attract other top players to one of the world's richest and most glamorous clubs.

Moyes never could work out how to use tactics to win football matches during his decade at Everton. Season after season it was the same stone age tactics of long balls and playing for throw ins. Any relative success came from Moyes simply working his squad harder than anyone else, and the fact that he´s fantastic at picking up players on a budget.

He might still be a success at Utd though.

To be honest think you're talking out of your arse. You're making Moyes seem like a poor manager and tactician purely because he has left. It's like what people on here do about players who could be leaving, try and pick on their negative points and amplify them by ten. It's stupid.

Moyes never could work out how to use tactics to win football matches during his decade at Everton. Season after season it was the same stone age tactics of long balls and playing for throw ins. Any relative success came from Moyes simply working his squad harder than anyone else, and the fact that he´s fantastic at picking up players on a budget.

He might still be a success at Utd though.
What was so annoying about that was Neville was ****e at throwing the ball as well.

I can assure you sir this will not be the case. The cycle moves on. Below is a demonstration of the cycle.

May, June, July. Meltseason - lids have high angst over missing out on their favourite computer game players.
August. Bipolarseason - lids are sweating on losing one of our best players but intoxicated on new season optimism.
September, October, November, December. OUTseason - EFC are invariably crap with 2 threads a day calling for manager's head.
January - Minimeltseason - a watered down version of the summer but less intense as there's footie distraction every week.
February, March, April. Goldenseason. EFC are boss and everyone is dreaming of Europe until we get lashed out of the cup cruelly.
But this cycle never ends as it restarts every season, no?
I fail to see how this moves on all that much.

The clause should be higher as that's roughly his value anyway. Isn't the aim of the clause to deter teams from signing your players but leaving you in a good position due to the too-good-to-turn-down nature of such clauses? That's how it is in Spain, anyway.

What's the point of having a 20m player with a 20m buy-out clause?

We should give him a new six-year contract, highest paid player with a 35m buy-out clause.

Because that's the price that Fellaini and his agent insisted on in order to sign his last contract. It wouldn't have been the club's doing, and we'd have wanted it higher if we could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back