Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, That blackburn team could well go down, showed absolutely nothing in 90mins except for a couple of corners. I know it's a friendly and we're a level above them, but never seen such a poor outing from a team in their final warm up before a season

They were shocking really weren´t they. Looked like league 2 side. It´s going to be very interesting seeing how we do against quality opposition in the states. If Jelavic bangs a couple in and Barkely is still finding time on the ball against those sides I´ll be really exited over next season.

Hope you are right, used to rate him but he has really fell away the last season or so.

We'll I'm hoping so mate, he seems good at a role as a CB/DM who has more freedom.

I do rate him as a technically good footballer but I'm still unsure at his defensive responsibilities.

Like you said he was shocking last season at times, hopefully under Martinez's new system he'll thrive as it will mean that we'll have 4 very good CB's next season.

Last edited:
This, That blackburn team could well go down, showed absolutely nothing in 90mins except for a couple of corners. I know it's a friendly and we're a level above them, but never seen such a poor outing from a team in their final warm up before a season

Bit dramatic. They got a lot better when they made subs on 70/75 mins

But Goombas got a big head; Clarification...

Goomba6.jpg

Bit dramatic. They got a lot better when they made subs on 70/75 mins

Not really that Dramatic is it? 4 points off relegation last season and IMO the only thing that I can say they have at their disposal is probably one of the best goalscorers in the division. They looked a little better based on Gibson and Pienaar looking absolutely shattered from 75mins onwards. Stones being a little inexperienced and losing concentration is what got them a goal, as well as a bit of poor keeping and someone walking off the line.

I was expecting them to be a bit better than they were, regardless of friendly or not.

Barely dramatic when they werent far off being relegated last season though. They were terrible and they looked like they had nothing in the locker for most of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back