Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale was a huge player for Spurs last year.Without him they wouldn't have even been close to 5th.
Whereas the money will be welcome,it is a blow blow to their esteem that they have lost their most influential player.It shows they are still not considered one of the top teams and will make it more difficult to attract "A" players to the club.

However,85m odd is good consolation as consolation goes.

They're selling (if they do) a great player but if you look at it as selling maximum 20 goals a season and 10 assists then he's easily replaceable with that money.

Soldado 25m (there's your 20 goals a season striker), and there is still 50m in the pot to fix other areas of the squad.

They'll come out of it a better squad than Arsenal, which means almost certainly challenging for the title on a regular basis, all on the back of striking lucky with one expensive youngster a few years ago.

They also have loads of players who'll probably leave thus adding more money to the pot... Parker, Adebayor, Huddlestone... there's another 15m there and over 100k a week off the wages... Gomes, Dawson, perhaps also Dempsey and Defoe. Another 15m and 150k a week off the wages.

I think Spurs will be a massive step ahead of us going into the new season, which means the best we can aim for is now 5th. Shame.

Which of our fringe players could we sell a lá Spurs and generate millions for the transfer pot? We'd get 50p a piece of the likes of Hibbert, Naismith and Vellios. :lol:

One saving grace for me when I think about Everton is that we've got the two best (imo) wing backs in the league, one of the best centre backs (on his day, when he isn't playing tiki taka football and passing it to the opposition) and also Fellaini who can be unstoppable. Mirallas is in his second season so will be better, Jelavic (finger's crossed) may be revitalised under Martinez and Kone has to be a better option than Anichebe. Then there is the kid from Barca who may or may not be ace, and Gibson who when fit is brilliant. Let's hope our better players can make up for the weaknesses in the squad and once again punch about their weight in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'conspiracy' of other operating costs is a myth created by those with a particular agenda. There is plenty of genuine ammunition to fire at the board so there is no need to create groundless 'theories' based on absolutely nothing at all.

Is the right answer.

I also love the way davek is throwing round baseless accusations of what's happened to monies that aren't even due until NEXT summer. Brilliant stuff.

The 'conspiracy' of other operating costs is a myth created by those with a particular agenda. There is plenty of genuine ammunition to fire at the board so there is no need to create groundless 'theories' based on absolutely nothing at all.

If its a myth, then maybe you can tell us just what we spend 22m+ Season on then?

Cos when Bill was asked, he didnt have a clue.

Is the right answer.

I also love the way davek is throwing round baseless accusations of what's happened to monies that aren't even due until NEXT summer. Brilliant stuff.

I'll say it again because it bears repeating: this club has seen, LITERALLY, hundreds of millions of pounds through the door on Kenwright's watch and beyond the 85p in the £ mantra chanted by Elstone there is nothing of detail that satisfactorily deals with the cash spent over and above player transactions and wages. There's no definitive answer as to what OOCs stand for; there's no explanation about what the next massive increase in tv cash will cover in terms of *infrastructure*; there's no addressing of the concerns regarding who the board are dealing with in their bridging loans.

Meanwhile giants of the English game like Stoke, Norwich, Southampton and Swansea spend to strengthen their squads.

Getting rid of Felli to buy .............McCarthy ??????? at £15 mill ???? In your dreams Roberto.......will not be best pleased if that happens

If its a myth, then maybe you can tell us just what we spend 22m+ Season on then?

Cos when Bill was asked, he didnt have a clue.

Oh dear. You're better than that. You might as well ask the chairman of almost any football club the same question. For example, ask the chairman of the RS if he knows were the 60 million as season other operating costs goes...he would'nt know. Ask Garside at Bolton were the £20 million or so other costs go every year...he wouldn't know. The CEO at any club could give a rough idea, I suppose, but its what it says...'other operating costs'.....just google the Telegraph..' Financial health of the Premier League revealed' and read the whole thing, and you'll get the idea.

I really rate McCarthy, I'd rather we spent some money on him than someone unproven in PL.

Good passer, good movement, good tackler. If we sold Felli I'd be delighted with him coming in.

If we keep Felli I'd rather someone with a bit more flare and vision though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back