Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mainly after the whole 'world market' claim. I want obscure players who turn out to be boss. Obviously we'll probably see more of that next season and the 3 perm signings were to deal with immediate squad issues. But still I'll be a tad disappointed if we don't sign anyone else before September. As long as it's not at the expense of Baines anyway.

I genuinely think he will get there. Just not this window. I seen the interview where he said he had tracked Robles for a long time before he even went for him at Wigan. Id like to think hes gonna hit the ground running, he knows how good the squad is and instead of adding 'gamble' signings that may not work hes simply looked to the players he can trust - for now. Deulofeu is a non risk gamble as hes on loan but i think in the future we will see players bought who weve never heard of that turn into gems for not very much money.

Elstone explained the "Other Operating Costs" at the shareholders' meeting in the summer. One of the slides in his Powerpoint presentation broke OOC down into 10 or so component parts. I think the largest item was insurance at £4m, player image rights were a similar amount plus there were things like travel and the costs of maintaining Goodison. It was all fairly dull stuff despite what the conspiracy theorists would have you believe.

Elstone explained the "Other Operating Costs" at the shareholders' meeting in the summer. One of the slides in his Powerpoint presentation broke OOC down into 10 or so component parts. I think the largest item was insurance at £4m, player image rights were a similar amount plus there were things like travel and the costs of maintaining Goodison. It was all fairly dull stuff despite what the conspiracy theorists would have you believe.

Great first post mate. Could you expand a bit though?

With the way we played 2nd half Saturday, McCarthy would be perfect in the middle of that team.

Watching that game made me see that Fellaini can easily be replaced.

Great first post mate. Could you expand a bit though?

It was a few weeks ago so I can't remember too many more details I'm afraid. I recall him saying that we spent £4m on insurance as that was the cost to insure c.£150m worth of players but not much else. Like I said in my original post, the OOC is comprised of pretty dull stuff in the main. I do remember that our OOC was quite low compared to most other Prem teams though.

I really I'm shaking my head at some of our supporters here, its seems that Felli is the player to replace Neville in the hate stakes.

Not sure if its a defence mechanism kicking in for some people as they expect to be sold, but he is a quality player. It's a few pre-season friendlies and people are sticking the knife into him already.

I really I'm shaking my head at some of our supporters here, its seems that Felli is the player to replace Neville in the hate stakes.

Not sure if its a defence mechanism kicking in for some people as they expect to be sold, but he is a quality player. It's a few pre-season friendlies and people are sticking the knife into him already.

Comical isnt it, just cos he couldnt be arsed against some tosh team.

MOYES OUT

Massive step backwards for the club if the little over 20m we receive for Fellaini is spent on McCarthy and Kone. Very saddening, and indicative of the club and how it has been run for the past decade under Kenwright. Sell to buy, sell good players and replace them with inferior ones. The very very very least I'd expect if Fellaini was to be sold would be McCarthy (as it seems obvious we're after him) and another 10m player who is good enough to challenge for a starting XI spot.

Selling Fellaini & then taking most of the cash & spunking it on McCarthy, is unthinkable & if Moyes was still here - merely the suggestion of such nonsense would have resulted in a fume fest. The lad is meh, his stats are meh, his performances are meh, he's a tidy footballer - that's all. He's being compared here with a player who is truly unique in the PL, there's nothing like Fellaini out there & his contribution to our side is being totally dumbed down in some quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back