Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it again because it bears repeating: this club has seen, LITERALLY, hundreds of millions of pounds through the door on Kenwright's watch and beyond the 85p in the £ mantra chanted by Elstone there is nothing of detail that satisfactorily deals with the cash spent over and above player transactions and wages. There's no definitive answer as to what OOCs stand for; there's no explanation about what the next massive increase in tv cash will cover in terms of *infrastructure*; there's no addressing of the concerns regarding who the board are dealing with in their bridging loans.

Meanwhile giants of the English game like Stoke, Norwich, Southampton and Swansea spend to strengthen their squads.

Davek...I really do think you should go to the police with this sensational information that you have......

Oh dear. You're better than that. You might as well ask the chairman of almost any football club the same question. For example, ask the chairman of the RS if he knows were the 60 million as season other operating costs goes...he would'nt know. Ask Garside at Bolton were the £20 million or so other costs go every year...he wouldn't know. The CEO at any club could give a rough idea, I suppose, but its what it says...'other operating costs'.....just google the Telegraph..' Financial health of the Premier League revealed' and read the whole thing, and you'll get the idea.

Its funny you should say that, cos Elstone was asked the same question, he also didnt have an answer.

If your gonna talk about myths, maybe you should possibly try and destroy them, not just dig an even bigger hole.

personally i think McCarthy is a great player.

If we were gonna spunk £15M on someone with a swanky name from the piece of **** dutch league then people would be wanking.

The lads 22 and done it in the prem, against teams like man u at old trafford. Id welcome him to goodison with open arms. better player than Gibson imo and probably spend less time in the physio department.

Davek...I really do think you should go to the police with this sensational information that you have......

I think I've made it clear, it's more the information we dont have.

I dont know where the money goes, you dont either, and neither does anyone else outside the board, the CEO and the club auditors.

All I know is we have a number of unspecified costs on *stuff*, loan interest payments shuffled around from pillar to post, debts that go up but never come down and it results in a club that's been in the top 7 of the PL for the best part of the past decade with a huge fanbase spending less than the minnows of the PL on its team this and every other summer.

It stinks. It's unfathomable. But according to you and people like you everything is ok, and those who question why all the above is the case are asking illicit questions and/or talking up conspiracies.

personally i think McCarthy is a great player.

If we were gonna spunk £15M on someone with a swanky name from the piece of **** dutch league then people would be wanking.

The lads 22 and done it in the prem, against teams like man u at old trafford. Id welcome him to goodison with open arms. better player than Gibson imo and probably spend less time in the physio department.

Personally, I think he is over priced at 15 million, I would be disappointed to pay that amount for him.

They're selling (if they do) a great player but if you look at it as selling maximum 20 goals a season and 10 assists then he's easily replaceable with that money. Soldado 25m (there's your 20 goals a season striker), and there is still 50m in the pot to fix other areas of the squad.
But Soldado won't play in the same position as Bale. He will replace a striker. A striker who probably scored a few goals. So he replaces a striker who is good for maybe 10 goals and Bale who is good for 20 and they are net down 10 goals.

The luxury of a player like Bale is that his performance comes from just one position on the field. Sounds obvious but it's massively overlooked. It's also a very hard position to replicate that performance. You can't just add up the goals and assists of the players they buy to replace him because they aren't one person. They will take up more than one spot meaning you have to subtract the contributions of the player they are displacing from the starting 11.

It's the same reason we shouldn't sell Baines.

RM has said that McCarthy only needs a bit more confidence to be a world beater. He is ideal because he can play the holding role which would not be his ideal position but could also play more advanced but he is best and being a box to box midfielder and will link the play together. The only down side I see is that we will be losing Fellaini hight both in our box and the oppositions box.

i do see the worry - why the **** did they get relegated.

Maybe the entire spine of the team wasnt the problem...maybe it was the other 7 players? :lol:

It was mainly after the whole 'world market' claim. I want obscure players who turn out to be boss. Obviously we'll probably see more of that next season and the 3 perm signings were to deal with immediate squad issues. But still I'll be a tad disappointed if we don't sign anyone else before September. As long as it's not at the expense of Baines anyway.

Its funny you should say that, cos Elstone was asked the same question, he also didnt have an answer.

If your gonna talk about myths, maybe you should possibly try and destroy them, not just dig an even bigger hole.

I dare say if a section of our supporters really wanted every single item of 'other operational costs' broken down, they could lobby for a change in the law, or suggest to the club that another accountant be employed to ferret around and provide what would actually be pretty useless information. But of course if you are convinced that money is going into someones pocket illegally, you should take your suspicions to the police, or find a journalist to ferret around for you.Maybe supporters of every other club in the Prem could do the same thing, because there isn't one club in the Prem that accounts for the full make up of other operational costs, they don't have to.
Its a myth...and you probably realise it is, but something as simple as a recognised accounting procedure doesn't fit your agenda...and it is not me, but some of the 'usual suspects', who, in their desperation to lynch the chairman and the board, cling to the daftest of notions. Its your hole, dig yourself out of it.

I'll say it again because it bears repeating: this club has seen, LITERALLY, hundreds of millions of pounds through the door on Kenwright's watch and beyond the 85p in the £ mantra chanted by Elstone there is nothing of detail that satisfactorily deals with the cash spent over and above player transactions and wages. There's no definitive answer as to what OOCs stand for; there's no explanation about what the next massive increase in tv cash will cover in terms of *infrastructure*; there's no addressing of the concerns regarding who the board are dealing with in their bridging loans.

Meanwhile giants of the English game like Stoke, Norwich, Southampton and Swansea spend to strengthen their squads.

Yes, it's called 'turnover' mate.

You've ignored the facts that were given to you regarding our peers OOC's I see, as if you're right & the OOC's are hiding massive 'back door' funnelling of cash from EFC, then given our peers charges are similar (or far greater) then maybe you should get on to HMRC & the fraud squad & demand that the PL opens it's doors to the cost of their bog rolls, cleaners, utility bills et al, as there's obviously a massive country wide fraud taking place & they'd have gotten away with if it wasn't for those pesky BU lids.

I'd be amazed if McCarthy didn't end up here. I'd hate to lose Fellaini but it seems to be headed that way. We have a new manager now and while I'm sure he admires Fellaini's midfield work he may not see a reliance on his heading ability in the opposition box as a good thing for the way he wants to play. He may possibly see the qualities McCarthy has to bring to m/f as a greater package for the team. If he comes in late in the window he wont need much bedding in, as he knows what Martinez expects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back