Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If James McCarthy comes the focus won't be on whether he's good enough or how he was a very good young premier league player for a longer period of time than your Joe Allen's and Jordan Henderson's, it will be the fact we will have signed four players who were relegated last season.

Selling Fellaini & then taking most of the cash & spunking it on McCarthy, is unthinkable & if Moyes was still here - merely the suggestion of such nonsense would have resulted in a fume fest. The lad is meh, his stats are meh, his performances are meh, he's a tidy footballer - that's all. He's being compared here with a player who is truly unique in the PL, there's nothing like Fellaini out there & his contribution to our side is being totally dumbed down in some quarters.
He is also over-rated by some of our fans, the issue I have his is consistency from the fella, he is hot and cold.

Selling Fellaini & then taking most of the cash & spunking it on McCarthy, is unthinkable & if Moyes was still here - merely the suggestion of such nonsense would have resulted in a fume fest. The lad is meh, his stats are meh, his performances are meh, he's a tidy footballer - that's all. He's being compared here with a player who is truly unique in the PL, there's nothing like Fellaini out there & his contribution to our side is being totally dumbed down in some quarters.

Well said FLHD...I wouldn't regard Felli as irreplaceable by any means but McCarthy ?? We are getting softened up for the eventuality of the former's departure...if he does go I hope that RM is given ALL the money to spend on replacement(s) for the squad to push on next season - in the end I don't want MF to go at all

The very very very least I'd expect if Fellaini was to be sold would be McCarthy (as it seems obvious we're after him) and another 10m player who is good enough to challenge for a starting XI spot.

Agreed - McCarthy and Capoue for me.

Regarding McCarthy, I ask myself the question " Is he better than Henderson?? " and I honestly can't answer yes or no. They both look similar type of players every time I have seen them.

Spot on. Martinez is no fool. Fellaini is world class.
He gave him the captains armband for the 2nd half against Vienna for a reason.

ITK info here, lad i know's mate saw Fellaini in Panacia in Manchester on sat night. he asked him if he is signing for United....and he gave him a fist pump and smiled!!!

He has gone lads, just face it.

ITK info here, lad i know's mate saw Fellaini in Panacia in Manchester on sat night. he asked him if he is signing for United....and he gave him a fist pump and smiled!!!

He has gone lads, just face it.
He will be gone as soon as a CL team make a bid, Moyes is taking his time as usual, wouldn't be surprised if he waited till last day of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back