The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind us taking a look at Matěj Vydra. Championship player of the year last season and only 21.

I'm sure a loan deal with (importantly) an option to buy could be agreed

What I don't understand about the current media hearsay is why would Fellaini be a fall back option for Fabregas?

From the sounds of it they wan't a creative, playmaking central midfielder.

So why would Fellaini, a box to box ball winning midfielder / defensive mid be the backup option?

What I don't understand about the current media hearsay is why would Fellaini be a fall back option for Fabregas?

So why would Fellaini, a box to box ball winning midfielder / defensive mid be the backup option?

Im sure he can pushed up the pitch too. I just hope it doesnt happen. I dont like change... or cheese

Loving the people on here suggesting that large chunks of EFC money goes randomly missing.

Give HMRC a ring, they'd be more than happy to find £20m sitting somewhere it shouldn't, yeesh.

I'll be very shocked if Utd don't make a move for Fellaini this window. When you think of how good the lad is, how much he would improve them in the middle and his relatively affordable price tag, they'd be fools not to sign him.

I'm not complaining though. I'd love nothing more than to see Fellaini in an Everton shirt come September 2nd.

Abdisalam Ibrahim - Released on free....

Would anyone take him? He's young and if reports are anything to go by he had a cracking season last year in Norway

Not for the Drama Queens out there:

Kenwright doesn't want to sell any of Baines or Fellaini, he gave Martinez some money who went and signed 4 players, now Martinez might have more money to spend, or maybe he spent them all, worst case scenario he spent them all, so he has no money to spend, if he wants to sign more players, he has to sell first.

Listening to the interviews by Martinez and some of the players, seeing how he made Fellaini captain the other day, it's clear that Martinez doesn't want any of the pair to leave, in the same time he looks happy with the squad as it is (again he might have some money we don't know about) but in general it looks like Martinez is happy with what he brought in and not looking to sell anyone to raise money for further transfers.

As I said, Kenwright isn't looking to cash in on any of the players, with the extra money we got, we are fine (regarding paying to the banks) as for the extra money for Martinez to buy players, it's completely up to him, he can sell and use the money to buy or he can keep the squad as it is and wont have any money to buy more players (worst case scenario)

As for both Baines and Fellaini:

Baines: He is happy here, but if we accepted an offer from United, he will go there, he himself won't ask for a move, the club (Martinez and the board) value him around 20M, something United are not wiling to pay, so unless someone out there decided to spend what we are asking for, Baines is staying, if he will be sold, it will be for around 20M, a very good price for a 29 years old Left Back specially that Oviedo is capable of replacing him. I doubt Moyes or anyone will meet the valuation and Baines is 95% staying here, his price will drop starting next window due to his age, so if he wasn't sold this window, he will be here for years to come

Fellaini: He has a clause in his contract, diffrent reports but most say its between 23to25M, a figure he wanted or accepted when he signed the contract and a very reasonable figure in today's market, if no one activates the clause, Fellaini will not blame the manager or the board, he will realize that no one out there thinks he is worth 23-25M, he can't ask the club to sell him for 15M, he already accepted his price (23-25M), if no one activated his release clause, he will be angry, angry toward himself and he will want to show next season he is worth that price, a win-win situation for us, as for if anyone activated the clause and he went, after paying Standard what we owe them, we will have around 20M to spend, the board will give it all to Martinez who might spend it all on one player or 5 players, it will be completely up to him what to do with the money, as long as the transfer fees + agent fees + signing on fees + wages are all covered by what he got from Fellaini's sale. Will he be here next season? it's 50-50 for now, if no one wants him, he will be here, and so far no one wants him (or want to pay the quoted 23-25M), and by each passing day it is looking he will be here more than being sold. As for him and what he wants, he does want to play in the Champion's league, but he loves Everton and is happy here, he won't leave us to go for Spurs for example, he will only go to where he can play CL and gets a good pay rise, if it didn't happen, he will give 100% next season for us

Easily the most sensible and balanced post on this thread today.

I personally go along with the theory that Martinez has spent all the bunts available to him, without sale proceeds. The reason? RM went in for a loan deal for Moses with an option to buy next year - I believe that's been reported as 'facht', but surely RM knows exactly what he's getting with Moses, so doesn't need the saftey of a loan period first. He clearly wanted him, but seems we didn't have the wonga to buy him outright.

I hope I'm wrong, and am happy to be super-wedgee vaulted if next week we splash out on Matri, McCarthy and Sinclair, as the so on-the-pulse Liverpool Echo would have us believe even today...

Abdisalam Ibrahim - Released on free....

Would anyone take him? He's young and if reports are anything to go by he had a cracking season last year in Norway

i'd be happy bringing either him in on a free or junior malanda on next to nothing. Minimal expenditure but with plenty of potential upside

The only (far fetched but completely hilarious) scenario I can see Moyes contemplating is to buy Fellai, sell Rooney, and play Felli as a target man . He better not tell Fellaini that, because he wouldn't go to United on those terms, I'm sure. Moyes is beginning to look like he's struggling with the high transfer tempo/expectations at OT. The Ditherer is playing true to form.

The only (far fetched but completely hilarious) scenario I can see Moyes contemplating is to buy Fellai, sell Rooney, and play Felli as a target man . He better not tell Fellaini that, because he wouldn't go to United on those terms, I'm sure. Moyes is beginning to look like he's struggling with the high transfer tempo/expectations at OT. The Ditherer is playing true to form.

I have to laugh at Steve St Helens, he has been ultra quick to stick the knife into Moyes at any point these last few weeks.

Considering the job he done for Billy, i thought you would have been a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back