The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily the most sensible and balanced post on this thread today.

I personally go along with the theory that Martinez has spent all the bunts available to him, without sale proceeds. The reason? RM went in for a loan deal for Moses with an option to buy next year - I believe that's been reported as 'facht', but surely RM knows exactly what he's getting with Moses, so doesn't need the saftey of a loan period first. He clearly wanted him, but seems we didn't have the wonga to buy him outright.

I hope I'm wrong, and am happy to be super-wedgee vaulted if next week we splash out on Matri, McCarthy and Sinclair, as the so on-the-pulse Liverpool Echo would have us believe even today...

He might have some money available for transfers but won't use it this window, unlike us the fans who are thinking about the next 12 months, he is thinking about the next 12 years, he might want to spend few months checking the youngsters and seeing what positions we have to strenghten for the few years ahead and what positions we have good youngsters coming thru.

I guess we can say that what we got right now will be our squad for next season, our starting 11 for next season will be from our current squad, i do expect a loan signing as a backup for the CM position since we only have 4 players (Fellaini, Gibson, Osman and Barkley) but i don't expect a signing that will displace and of the 4 and become first team regular.

He might have some money available for transfers but won't use it this window, unlike us the fans who are thinking about the next 12 months, he is thinking about the next 12 years, he might want to spend few months checking the youngsters and seeing what positions we have to strenghten for the few years ahead and what positions we have good youngsters coming thru.

I guess we can say that what we got right now will be our squad for next season, our starting 11 for next season will be from our current squad, i do expect a loan signing as a backup for the CM position since we only have 4 players (Fellaini, Gibson, Osman and Barkley) but i don't expect a signing that will displace and of the 4 and become first team regular.

No chance.

1. Martinez will be focused on the next 12 months (38 games), it a result business in a 24/7 media fishbowl.

2. No way will he go into the new season with "We will go with what we have on a loan basis" - players will be sold to free up funds and bring in badly needed new players.

3. The middle of the park will be shaken up....that is my opinion.

I don't think he has the luxury of being able to look forward 12 years - yet. He has to make this season work first. Even though Bill has strong form in standing by and giving a manager a chance, RM starts from a higher platform than Moyes did, and he will not be expected to take us backwards.

Even with the youngsters now seemingly getting the chance to come in (hallelujah!), and he is clearly taking his time to assess them, we are still a relatively small squad, and I can't see him taking more than this International Champions event to make his mind up on which ones he will go with as 1st team squad.

There's no doubt in my mind that RM would have brought Moses in by now if he could, so I don't see it as realistic that he's keeping his financial powder dry for next year.

Man Utd have made an approach for Fellaini as of this morning. I don't know how much the enquiry is for but they have confirmed interest to Ellstone

I have to laugh at Steve St Helens, he has been ultra quick to stick the knife into Moyes at any point these last few weeks.

Considering the job he done for Billy, i thought you would have been a fan.

What on earth has your response got to do with my post? Do you agree with it, disagree with it, or..heaven forbid...have something to add to the discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back