The Transfer Master Plan

When will we see the arrivals

• Deadline day, the Eberton way

• Kev’s got a plan, it’ll be sound

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we recall that second part, Deadline day the Bill Kenwright way ? And if we can get £55m for Gordon then sadly take it, we need forward players that score and create and if that is the only way to do it, ffp, then do it.
But a suggestion to our board, sell him to Chelsea but keep it quiet and get replacements in first, make out he's injured, just so we don't get massively ripped off with £55m in our back pockets...
That's impossible with a player like Gordon. His agent is out there doing everything possible to drive up the player's fee and wages. That involves leaking information all over the place, so that if Conte decides he wants to make a bid he knows what's in the frame.

This is why any time a major name or highly regarded young talent becomes available or becomes a want-away, there's a circus like this one that accompanies the deal.

I've no real problem with late business in all fairness. It can lead to good signings. Martinez first season is a good example of a good window. Moyes did a few good deals late on too (Fellaini). The opposite is true of course.

I'm just not that confident we will do good business. Plus, it don't half make your arse go.

We weren’t unlucky, the issue is that we don’t have anyone that can score goals. That’s not luck, it’s an issue of the club’s own making.
We created but you are right about us not having the cutting edge to get the ball in the net. If we keep making chances though one has to go in. I felt we were the better team myself.

So, fine folk of Grandest Old Team forum of champions when do you reckon the “new” incomings will arrive.

The Eberton way does suggest a mad flurry on D-Day, but others remain hopeful that our DoF, who let us enter a season with Rondon as our only fit CF, will have a master plan.

And remember #BeKind

P.S. no cheese on toast option you animals
As soon as the Gordon money is sealed we will see movement.

Not really, if you have Rondon or Dwight McNeil as your centre forward.
I don't think Mcneil can do the job leading the line but Rondon did a job holding the ball and bringing others into play to be fair to him. Let's get a win tonight and smash Brentford. We need a win to boost morale imo.

I genuinely think Everton went in for Broja start of the window and Chelsea told us "not interested in releasing him during this window", and we for some reason took it as "we'll loan him to you at the end of the window". So we'll then go back to them on deadline day and say "so how about Broja?" and they'll say "we told you months ago we're not releasing him", and we'll have no idea what to do and go with what we've got.

1 point out of 9 suggests you could be right but I think we did enough in those games to feel a bit unlucky especially vs Forest.

It's not really bad luck for me. We will continue to be competitive, but we will continue to lose by the odd goal because our opponents have someone who can put the ball in the net and we don't. That's poor planning and poor recruitment for me.

We are never going to be comfortable in games, even when we are the better side, because we haven't the quality in attack to turn dominance into goals. I fear we are a bit like an upmarket Burnley side. We are solid enough, and organised but we have no one to score, and eventually Burnley paid the price for that last season.

I genuinely think Everton went in for Broja start of the window and Chelsea told us "not interested in releasing him during this window", and we for some reason took it as "we'll loan him to you at the end of the window". So we'll then go back to them on deadline day and say "so how about Broja?" and they'll say "we told you months ago we're not releasing him", and we'll have no idea what to do and go with what we've got.
That's not the issue. They only want to loan the player (if anything) and I'm guessing we would like to make the move permanent, so a move at the moment would only be season long which is why it's strange we seem to be hanging our hats on him all summer. We need something a bit more solid than that imo.

They started off with a plan that was going well but that all seems to have gone out the window the last couple of weeks and we seem to now be just making it up as we go and hoping that it works out. To be 4 days away from our 4th PL game of the season with still no striker who they knew they needed at the end of last season is nothing short of shambolic.

Status
Not open for further replies.