Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The under 20 competition that is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
u20-dunya-kupasinin-maskotu-kanki-ihlas-haber-ajansi-iha.jpg

Not long now lads, England's first game Sunday vs Iraq.
Do we have any other players there besides English ?

Aye, Coady will definitely start.

Difficult to say what tactics Taylor will go for, but i think Lundstram is the more likely of the Everton lot to start, hopefully Stones over that dope Flanagan at rightback too.

Coady has played a lot at centre half this year though.

Not long now lads, England's first game Sunday vs Iraq.
Do we have any other players there besides English ?

Nope, but i think we have a higher % of English, then British, proportion of U20 players than a lot of clubs in the top flight.

A Pole, Aussie, Welshman, Scot and an Irishman.

Couple of Welsh lads joining in July too and possibly a Slovakian.

Nope, but i think we have a higher % of English, then British, proportion of U20 players than a lot of clubs in the top flight.

A Pole, Aussie, Welshman, Scot and an Irishman.

Couple of Welsh lads joining in July too and possibly a Slovakian.

Thank Swisso :)

I got the game times mixed up, I thought they were GMT and was looking forward to watching USA vs Spain but it kicked off at 7.

Spain had some very good players, couple of Americans stood out too :)

Would be delighted if Martinez could attract some of them here!

.....the information button on Sky says the squad includes Everton's Ross Barklay and Sporting Lisbon's Eric Dier. I'm one of the unconvinced about Barklay, but I'd dearly love him to succeed. If he's the real deal he should be getting a starting place and making an impression here - I really hope so.

.....the information button on Sky says the squad includes Everton's Ross Barklay and Sporting Lisbon's Eric Dier. I'm one of the unconvinced about Barklay, but I'd dearly love him to succeed. If he's the real deal he should be getting a starting place and making an impression here - I really hope so.
I agree, Barkley really does need to step up now, he did impress me against Arsenal tho.

I agree, Barkley really does need to step up now, he did impress me against Arsenal tho.

Did you not see him hit that shot in training on the FA site? - with his weaker left foot as well. We need to get him round the opposition box, he's really good with both feet. I also think that Jelavic would do better with him playing close, although Jelavic is a bit weak as a player it would at least play to his strengths.

...yes, he did show a few glimpses in the Arsenal game. Wenger spoke in glowing terms about him afterwards. I know some on here feel its the only time he's played in his correct position. We'd all like him to be the real deal so lets hope he stars in the tournament. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of the other youngsters. I know John Stones is rated highly so it'll be good to see him get a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back