Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The under 20 competition that is about to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not see him hit that shot in training on the FA site? - with his weaker left foot as well. We need to get him round the opposition box, he's really good with both feet. I also think that Jelavic would do better with him playing close, although Jelavic is a bit weak as a player it would at least play to his strengths.
No didn't see the shot, but he shown in the Arsenal game he got skill, just hope he can do well in this so he can get some confidence.

England get their FIFA Under-20 World Cup campaign underway against Iraq in Group E. Peter Taylor's team includes Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

That is the info on Virgin Media, surprised it is him getting the mention

England get their FIFA Under-20 World Cup campaign underway against Iraq in Group E. Peter Taylor's team includes Everton midfielder Ross Barkley.

That is the info on Virgin Media, surprised it is him getting the mention

The brief online Fifa review has him as a key player for the team, but i'm not getting my hopes up that he'll start like.

Looking forward to see Barkley and lundstrum myself. We'v all seen Barkley's talents and IMO he's ready to be un-leashed into our first team now, obviously not starting every game but there should be plenty of playing time for him next season IMO, maybe in the No.10 role for now as I think ossie's No.8 role in the PL may be a big tough for him yet. And lundstrum I think is someone who's kind of sneaked up on everyone, he looks a very tidy player indeed. Whether he needs another loan I'm not sure but we could potentially already have Neville and hitz's replacements already here for next season which would be good on the old back pocket!

Looking forward to the game later, may even treat myself to a domino's to watch it!

The brief online Fifa review has him as a key player for the team, but i'm not getting my hopes up that he'll start like.

I'd be amazed if both Barkley and lundstrum don't start. Barkley in particular....who is far more progressed than most in that squad. Pretty sure this team in the main is the u19's from 12 months or so ago, which saw Barkley as a important player.

I'd be amazed if both Barkley and lundstrum don't start. Barkley in particular....who is far more progressed than most in that squad. Pretty sure this team in the main is the u19's from 12 months or so ago, which saw Barkley as a important player.
Iirc both, and maybe Dier are mentioned as England's key players by fifa, however, someone mentioned earlier that the captain's a central midfielder which may edge Ross out.
Who played vs Uruguay? I think that was a good win relatively for the under 20's

Everyone played 45mins vs Uruguay :)

Coady is the Captain, but he's familiar at centrehalf and holding midfield so it's not known for sure where he'll slot in really.

Lundstram is the more likely to start from the Everton 5 because of what he can offer, his all-round game is better than most in the squad.

[video=youtube;NzZHOiWLhfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzZHOiWLhfM[/video]

Here's a highlights vid of the Uruguay practice match, nice finish from Chris long wearing no 10, stones is wearing 14 and garbutt 20 i think, didn't spot Barclay or Lundstrum.

I really hope Barkley has an amazing tournament and is still fit and injury-free by the end of it.

Heard for a while now that Barkley really doesn't care or think about switching the ball to a prefered side as the lad is just as good with left peg as he is with his right.

Real talent and a proper nightmare for the opposition.

Only thing that worries me about that is if he gets forced out wide to cover injuries or lack of depth as he NEEDS playing time through the middle to blossom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back