2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands backed Dom tho.

He will have sat the boy down and shown him the pathway, its there if he wants to take it.

Carlo has shown he trusts the youth, you just have issues with other managers in the past that have discarded them.

He gave Niels a run-out and he possibly felt as tho he wasn't quite ready, the boys a year older now, whos to say he wont be turned to next season.
By spending out on Kean?

Calvert-Lewin followed the Hibbert Principle, where you stick around long enough for Everton to keep buying worse alternatives until they give up trying to replace you.

Brands backed him, loads, all our managers played him, so they all clearly saw something that maybe wasn't obvious to most of us.

All the physical tools with no end product. Presumably, this is what Brands saw in Iwobi.

I suspect that the difference is that it's more of an ask for Big Dunc to cure that in a winger than in a striker. But your implication that we need to be more patient could be correct.

We bought Kean cos we had 1 Striker.

Kean wasnt bought to replace Dom.
He was bought to be the main striker, at a time where Silva couldn't decide who he liked less between Tosun and Calvert-Lewin.

It was lucky for Brands that Ancelotti saw something in Calvert-Lewin that most wouldn't.

By spending out on Kean?

Calvert-Lewin followed the Hibbert Principle, where you stick around long enough for Everton to keep buying worse alternatives until they give up trying to replace you.

Or he was brought in for buttons as a kid and he's seeing out the potential we felt was there, and is now a full England international scoring 20 a season.

All the physical tools with no end product. Presumably, this is what Brands saw in Iwobi.

I suspect that the difference is that it's more of an ask for Big Dunc to cure that in a winger than in a striker. But your implication that we need to be more patient could be correct.
I'd like to think we bought Iwobi because of what he did in midfield and not the final third. He doesn't actually have that much physically.

Or he was brought in for buttons as a kid and he's seeing out the potential we felt was there, and is now a full England international scoring 20 a season.
We bought two strikers for over 20m while DCL was a member of the first team. I think it is fair to say we maybe didn't think he'd hit these highs.

He's scored 19 goals this season.
Oh, I see.

Still not sure that I'd call a player with 13 and 14 league goals in successive season a 20-a-season striker, but then maybe I'd want to count goals against lower-league turds in the early rounds of domestic cups if I was arguing the other way.

Not that it has any bearing on the Hibbert Principle, which is about journey rather than the destination (or as Tony himself would say, the day on the lake rather than the final haul).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back