This nurse Letby case

Violating the most instinctive behaviour hardwired into us all... Protect the little ones at all cost.

Adults naturally put their lives in danger to protect children.

I just can't fathom what could bring a woman who by all accounts had had a normal (if not perfect) upbringing, a good network of friends, good career and quality of life to be so horrifically cruel to the most vulnerable. Unfortunately abuse often breeds abuse, and some sadistic and cruel crimes have a series of past events that contribute. This girl from all accounts has none of that. The sending of sympathy cards after is just so sick. Disgusting.

The horror the parents must've experienced going through this I can't begin to imagine.

No hope of rehabilitation. I'm no fan of the death penalty but she must never experience freedom again in my opinion.

No, senior consultants warned management about Letby but were not only ignored, they were forced to apologise to her ffs.
Heads should roll here.
Of course, I haven't a clue on the details and its a bit too morbid for me to deep dive on it, but the statement that statement that lessons will be learned is pretty much what you would expect on an organisational level.

I honestly wanted this to go one of two ways: a clear conviction based on a wealth of undenaiable evidence that she'd done what she was accused of, or a acquital based on the reverse. We got neither, I believe.

The evidence looked very ropey and the jury were clearly in some difficulty trying to make sense of the mess they were handed to give a judgement on.
Ropey? Seriously?

Medical Director and Chief Executive have blood on their hands big time. Mr Jayaram hints that there is an awful lot to come out about the way the management handled the complaints:

Hopefully families can directly sue these Executives who actively blocked their staff from approaching the police.

Absolutely staggeringly disgraceful.

Can anyone tell me what the verdict was in terms of numbers?

Only 11 jury members in the end as one was excused for ill health. Was it a majority? I suspect it was given that it'd be plastrered all over the place if it was a unanimous verdict.

Well those management figures are getting canned I guess

You would think so, but I doubt it. NHS being what it is at manager level.

What I dont get, is that mortality rates are generally similar across hospitals. So any spike would/should provoke an interest. And when a patient dies in hospital, major trauma etc excused, there is an actual inquest before a body is released. I had to wait a few weeks before my darling Nikki was "released", cos of an inquest. (It was proceedure, nowt fishy). Maybe back in 2016 that wasnt the process, dunno.

Mind you, Shipman got away with it for years.

Can anyone tell me what the verdict was in terms of numbers?

Only 11 jury members in the end as one was excused for ill health. Was it a majority? I suspect it was given that it'd be plastrered all over the place if it was a unanimous verdict.

My understanding is that two verdicts of attempted murder were delivered with a unanimous verdict and the rest by majority.

Six counts no verdicts could be reached and may go for retrial - she was found not guilty on two charges I think.

Medical Director and Chief Executive have blood on their hands big time. Mr Jayaram hints that there is an awful lot to come out about the way the management handled the complaints:

Hopefully families can directly sue these Executives who actively blocked their staff from approaching the police.

Absolutely staggeringly disgraceful.

Hopefully this will end the current system of NHS Trusts, it should be blatantly obvious now after Mid Staffs, Betsi Cadwaladr and now this that there is an excess of power concentrated at that level.

How on earth do you get concerns reported to you, by people you employ as experts in that field, and not take the action that 99% of the population would if they were told someone might be murdering people.... and you make the decision you do in order to protect your good name as an organization?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back