This nurse Letby case

It's an interesting one. I'd assume she has been assessed in that case. Curious to know if it is standard procedure in such cases? Does the defendent have to agree to evaluation? Who initiates an evaluation?
She was legally found to hold no mental disability (as per the Mental Health Act) and fit to stand trial. The defence put forward no suggestion either.

That doesn't mean she does not have a condition, but none have been identified yet. The way she's acting, I doubt she'll consent to it either.

Not a thing, as she’s denied everything as a witch hunt and lack of staff, poor / unsafe equipment etc
Which would have well and truly have fubared any attempt by their defence to claim any form of mitigation through mental deficiency.

She's never admitted any part of it, shown no remorse and actually went to great lengths to hide her crimes over and over, and over again.

She was legally found to hold no mental disability (as per the Mental Health Act) and fit to stand trial. The defence put forward no suggestion either.

That doesn't mean she does not have a condition, but none have been identified yet. The way she's acting, I doubt she'll consent to it either.
Would that include psychopathic traits? Genuinely curious, not something I know much about.

Which would have well and truly have fubared any attempt by their defence to claim any form of mitigation through mental deficiency.

She's never admitted any part of it, shown no remorse and actually went to great lengths to hide her crimes over and over, and over again.
Did the crown put forward a motive or did they just present the facts to prosecute her with?

Did the crown put forward a motive or did they just present the facts to prosecute her with?
Yes, they put forward a few 'potential' motives. It went from an affair (love spoiled, attention), playing God and sadistic enjoyment - all conjecture though.

There is evidence that one or two of the motives are more likely than others, however unless she begins to talk we will never, ever know for certain.

Yes, they put forward a few 'potential' motives. It went from an affair (love spoiled, attention), playing God and sadistic enjoyment - all conjecture though.

There is evidence that one or two of the motives are more likely than others, however unless she begins to talk we will never, ever know for certain.
Can't get my head around it mate. The why will haunt the families for the rest of their lives. Unfair and so sad.

Would that include psychopathic traits? Genuinely curious, not something I know much about.
I'm not an expert, however I think you could easily pin her behaviours to being a psychopath, in the true medical sense. But legally, she ain't.

As @COYBL25 said, they will be examining her in fine detail now, so more academic analysis will come out. Sadly, I think we'll see more crimes too.

Not a thing, as she’s denied everything as a witch hunt and lack of staff, poor / unsafe equipment etc

TBF that was as good a defence as she could have come up with - I mean, within living memory we have had the Bristol Heart scandal (which no-one was jailed for), Mid-Staffs (which no-one was jailed for) and what went on at East Kent (which everyone was jailed for*).

* this is a complete fib

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back