This nurse Letby case

Could the not build the holding cell next to the court. Then have sliding panels that move back when the verdict is about to be read out? Could that work?

7 guilty of murder verdicts and 6 guilty of attempted murder verdicts………but they've got the wrong woman? OK Dave.
I’m sure the same levels of certainty were in the public mind (pre social media) and the main stream media in the immediate aftermath of the verdicts of The Birmingham Six, The Guildford Four, Timothy Evans, more recently Andrew Malkinson.
There is rightly horror and revulsion over the deaths of these defenceless infants but time has, on occasion in the past proven some “certain” verdicts as miscarriages of justice.

We will have to disagree on this. Yes there were massive failures by hospital managers in that refused to listen to consultants but to paint this woman as a victim is way off the mark

I honestly wanted this to go one of two ways: a clear conviction based on a wealth of undenaiable evidence that she'd done what she was accused of, or a acquital based on the reverse. We got neither, I believe.

The evidence looked very ropey and the jury were clearly in some difficulty trying to make sense of the mess they were handed to give a judgement on.

I’m sure the same levels of certainty were in the public mind (pre social media) and the main stream media in the immediate aftermath of the verdicts of The Birmingham Six, The Guildford Four, Timothy Evans, more recently Andrew Malkinson.
There is rightly horror and revulsion over the deaths of these defenceless infants but time has, on occasion in the past proven some “certain” verdicts as miscarriages of justice.
Yes, but for @COYBL25 she should be hung first and then maybe exonerated later.

The flip side of that would be, how many cases per 1,000 are found to be examples of a miscarriage of justice or at least a strong possibility of doing so?

Yes, there are examples, but I tend to believe that in the vast majority of cases the legal system is designed in such a way that the findings are valid.

This is why we have the court of appeal too and whatnot. She has been found guilty of multiple counts of murder, each a separate charge with its own evidence.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back