Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise how getting old effects players performance thanks. But we've not alternative and greater needs.

You do realise we're not a rich club with an unlimited budgets don't you?

Joe Hart cost about £500k. Lloris cost £8m. So you're saying we couldn't afford an actual quality goalkeeper? We spent £28m on one player last summer

So we should ignore squad depth?

How many times this season has that team all been fit and available and look at the drop off when it's not. We've bigger problems than a new first choice keeper this summer.

No, we shouldn't ignore squad depth, but I'd like a better option than Tim Howard between the sticks. Someone who can organise a defence and give those in front of him some confidence that there's someone rock solid behind them.

I'm tired of seeing Jags and the rest of them shouting at him when, yet again, he doesn't come off his line. He's a decent keeper Dougie and some seasons, like last season, he does well, which is part of the reason that we did well last season. He's not the weakest link in the squad, but he's arguably the weakest link in our first eleven, and the goalkeeping position, especially in modern football, is massively important.

I'm not going to pretend I know who would be better for the money we can afford, because I don't. I do think we should be looking though.

Neither Howard nor Joel are CL level keepers. I think Joel deserved a run but can also see why Martinez put Howard back in (though I disagree). I think Howard will stay first choice until a CL caliber keeper comes along. I also think he, along with a few others, deserves the chance to put things right after this season, he's been a good servant to the club.

Joe Hart cost about £500k. Lloris cost £8m. So you're saying we couldn't afford an actual quality goalkeeper? We spent £28m on one player last summer

We've tried the Joe Hart route with the likes of Ruddy and Robles and that's to hard to predict.

At the moment we're never going to spend £8m on a keeper while we need a back up forward, a playmaker, a winger and at least one new centreback.

We've tried the Joe Hart route with the likes of Ruddy and Robles and that's to hard to predict.

At the moment we're never going to spend £8m on a keeper while we need a back up forward, a playmaker, a winger and at least one new centreback.

When will we ever then? Will Howard still be our number 1 when he's 46 because he was once alright in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back