Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you expect from Everton and our limited budget then?

Good enough for a championship chasing team? No he's not.

Good enough for a team to challenge the top 4 places? Or a cup run? Yes he is and has proven to be time and again.

So seeing as our funds our low and our priorities a many and varied he's staying for the foreseeable.

Well we've made top 4 once on his time and not won a cup. So great stuff there.

Imagine we had a proper keeper in hey?!

I do agree that he's probably going nowhere though.

For the Howard supporters
First choice eleven might be something like ?

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
Mirallas McCarthy, Barry ( I know, I know ) Barkley, A winger ( Lennon ? )
Lukaku​

Now, I know it's as much about the squad as the first eleven, but, putting that to one side, where are the obvious weaknesses ?
Howard stands out for me, and I'm by no means convinced Robles is the answer.

So we should ignore squad depth?

How many times this season has that team all been fit and available and look at the drop off when it's not. We've bigger problems than a new first choice keeper this summer.

Howard
Lukaku​

Now, I know it's as much about the squad as the first eleven, but, putting that to one side, where are the obvious weaknesses ?

Howard & Lennon

Well we've made top 4 once on his time and not won a cup. So great stuff there.

Imagine we had a proper keeper in hey?!

I do agree that he's probably going nowhere though.

Yes I said top four chasing, Howard went here when we got 4th. But he's been here when we've pushed hard for it and gone close in the cups.

Howard
Lukaku​

Barry first, Howard or Barkley second unfortunately. Barry brings nothing for me anymore. Howard and Barkley are interesting in that they're both capable of moments of brilliance but they've also been [Poor language removed] this season and one is too old while the other is still not 100% spotlight ready. We need a new keeper sooner rather than later to compete for a top league position, but I don't see many good being ones available unfortunately. For those who watch the prem outside of just Everton, there is poor keeping in a lot of places. Have you all watched Krul or Pantillimon or McGregor this season? Downright awful. That's why I think Howard takes too much abuse. It's not his fault he's getting on and Martinez has decided to stick with him is it? There are some that are just as bad and worse. Folks here don't see them as much and they see every single mistake because they watch every Everton match so it gets blown out of proportion.

Last edited:

Howard is now 36. He is infinitely worse than he was when he was 30. How can you not get your head around that?

I realise how getting old effects players performance thanks. But we've not alternative and greater needs.

You do realise we're not a rich club with an unlimited budgets don't you?

And let's not forget people saying earlier in this thread how last season was his best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back