Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate. I don't read every single post on the entire forum.
Not a dig at all. I don't come close to doing that. Just pointing it out that it's not a new opinion I've formed (or many others that defend Tim, Osman, etc.) The bashing some of our players get is horribly misplaced, and some are just looking for a scapegoat to blame our horrible form on. The team has been horrible.

Do you think we'd be even close to top 4 with any other keeper? It's a laughable suggestion IMO.

Of course, because those are the only mistakes Super Timmy USMNMNMNMNMNT has made over the past 3 years. I really can't be bothered finding Youtube highights for all of them, there's simply too many
Have you got that one from Blackburn away, where Tim decided that the pre season optimism had got out of hand and brought us back to reality ?

Of course, because those are the only mistakes Super Timmy USMNMNMNMNMNT has made over the past 3 years. I really can't be bothered finding Youtube highights for all of them, there's simply too many

Pick this season which I think we can agree is his worst. Find 15 points.

Pick this season which I think we can agree is his worst. Find 15 points.

Just off the top of my head:

Leicester at home, both goals
Gerrard free kick at Anfield
Spurs away, pushing it straight to Eriksen
Chelsea away in the last minute, woeful punch and then beaten by weak shot at near post
Stoke away, beaten by a weak Moses header from 400 yards out
Palace at home, beaten in the air by Fraizer Campbell as the ball went through his hands

I'll get some more, don't worry

Chelsea away in the last minute, woeful punch and then beaten by weak shot at near post

United away. That AWFUL kick that he didnt need to do that led to Falcaos winner.

Palace at home, beaten in the air by Fraizer Campbell as the ball went through his hands

Don't forget Chelsea at home, letting Ivanovic and Costa shots go straight through him.
Rushing out like a clown for no reason at United
Terrible positioning for the free kick at Sunderland
Giving Soldado the whole goal to aim at against Tottenham away
Beaten at his near post against Hull at home
Palming a weak shot straight to Bobby Zamora against QPR at home.

Probably more but I think I've proved my point.

Not a dig at all. I don't come close to doing that. Just pointing it out that it's not a new opinion I've formed (or many others that defend Tim, Osman, etc.) The bashing some of our players get is horribly misplaced, and some are just looking for a scapegoat to blame our horrible form on. The team has been horrible.

Do you think we'd be even close to top 4 with any other keeper? It's a laughable suggestion IMO.

There's a fair few reasons why I don't think we'd be anywhere near top 4 mate.

Sadly Howard is one of the major ones. For me.

I've actually forgotten what it's like to have a proper keeper at Everton.

But it's not the only reason of course.

Can I ask you a question, what was your opinion of Martinez bringing in Howard straight back in even though Robles hadnt done too badly at all? (I realise this isn't Howard's fault by the way. At least I hope it wasn't!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back