Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually believe he's an average or better keeper compared to the rest of the league?
no not at the moment and no one has said that he was. However he hasn't been crap his whole career here or the sole reason we're in 11th right now either. He was decent for the majority, but has had a dreadful season this year and due to age probably should move on. plenty of people (even those supporting Tim have said this).

Don't forget Chelsea at home, letting Ivanovic and Costa shots go straight through him.
Rushing out like a clown for no reason at United
Terrible positioning for the free kick at Sunderland
Giving Soldado the whole goal to aim at against Tottenham away
Beaten at his near post against Hull at home
Palming a weak shot straight to Bobby Zamora against QPR at home.

Probably more but I think I've proved my point.

Forgot about him running out and clattering McArthur to give away a penalty in that Palace game, which completely changed the course of the match

Remember his and Osman's slapstick comedy act against Sunderland last season when they combined to give away a penalty and send us down to 10 men?

Forgot about him running out and clattering McArthur to give away a penalty in that Palace game, which completely changed the course of the match

Remember his and Osman's slapstick comedy act against Sunderland last season when they combined to give away a penalty and send us down to 10 men?

When we were in the most incredible form!

There's a fair few reasons why I don't think we'd be anywhere near top 4 mate.

Sadly Howard is one of the major ones. For me.

I've actually forgotten what it's like to have a proper keeper at Everton.

But it's not the only reason of course.

Can I ask you a question, what was your opinion of Martinez bringing in Howard straight back in even though Robles hadnt done too badly at all? (I realise this isn't Howard's fault by the way. At least I hope it wasn't!)
I said when it happened Robles shouldn't have been dropped. And I don't rate Robles at all really from his Wigan days or his time with us. He didn't have much to do in his time, but he didn't do much wrong to lose his place. I do think we focused much more on defense with him in the sticks than we did before Howard was injured.

Just off the top of my head:

Leicester at home, both goals
Gerrard free kick at Anfield
Spurs away, pushing it straight to Eriksen
Chelsea away in the last minute, woeful punch and then beaten by weak shot at near post
Stoke away, beaten by a weak Moses header from 400 yards out
Palace at home, beaten in the air by Fraizer Campbell as the ball went through his hands

I'll get some more, don't worry
Sunderland away, Did the same with the free kick he did at anfield

That Sunderland one would have been a dream if the penalty hadn't gone in. Osman and Howard off the pitch within the space of a minute.

So with the United mistake thats 17 points (i think). And im sure theres more.

Based on the above examples, assuming if TH didn't concede those specific goals mentioned by mikeh72:
Leicester - we got 1 point instead of 3
Liverpool - we got 1 point instead of 3
Spurs - we got 0 points instead of 1
Chelsea - we got 0 points instead of 1
Stoke - Moses doesn't score we still lose 1-0
Palace - we got 0 points instead of 1
United - we got 0 points instead of 1

That's still only 8 points, not 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back