Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Howard has always been a GK who is prone to the odd terrible, 3 points costing mistake. This season however they have come one after another and he's been woeful.

You can't make assumptions like "if Moses didnt score we'd still have lost 1-0". The game could have taken a completely different turn, none of us know what would have happened. We could have got a goal from a set-piece if it had stayed 0-0 and might have won the game

The point is, good goalkeepers don't always have to cost ridiculous sums of money that we can't afford, so there's no reason why we should settle for [Poor language removed] like Super Timothy USA
really has nothing to do with it. and i'm not pointing that out just because he's American. I said the same thing about people going on about Martinez being Catalan in those threads as well. nationality has nothing to do with it. when barry's crap no one mentions his nationality nor should they.

Remember that Norwich game when he dived backwards into his own goal to concede a last minute equaliser from Bassong?
Its easy to look back on a player and their mistakes when the player in question isn't having the best of seasons isn't it ? He has been here for quite a few years now and has been a solid No 1 and has got us out of the s*** on lots of occasions. Just you won't remember them because your mindset is sifting through the bad. Like when you think of Gerrard you think of his slip and not what came before that.

Tim Howard has been an excellent servant to our club and a very very good keeper for us on a whole. I think we can all agree that we should be looking for a new keeper; pulling him apart and remembering all his errors does no one any favours. Its wrong and damn shame as he has been a good signing here both on and off the field.

Its easy to look back on a player and their mistakes when the player in question isn't having the best of seasons isn't it ? He has been here for quite a few years now and has been a solid No 1 and has got us out of the s*** on lots of occasions. Just you won't remember them because your mindset is sifting through the bad. Like when you think of Gerrard you think of his slip and not what came before that.

Tim Howard has been an excellent servant to our club and a very very good keeper for us on a whole. I think we can all agree that we should be looking for a new keeper; pulling him apart and remembering all his errors does no one any favours. Its wrong and damn shame as he has been a good signing here both on and off the field.

No, that has nothing to do with me specifically looking for errors. I can't remember any games where he's saved us, I honestly can't

You can't make assumptions like "if Moses didnt score we'd still have lost 1-0". The game could have taken a completely different turn, none of us know what would have happened. We could have got a goal from a set-piece if it had stayed 0-0 and might have won the game
And yet you make assumptions that all the games we lost we would have magically won. Curious that.

No, that has nothing to do with me specifically looking for errors. I can't remember any games where he's saved us, I honestly can't
In "Confessions of a Winning Poker Player," Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career."

The same is true with keepers.

And yet you make assumptions that all the games we lost we would have magically won. Curious that.

Not at all actually, the facts are that those errors all happened at crucial times in games when we were either winning or drawing. I'm not predicting what would have happened if he hadn't made those errors, I'm just acknowledging that those errors drastically changed the course of each game. You can't deny that

Based on the above examples, assuming if TH didn't concede those specific goals mentioned by mikeh72:
Leicester - we got 1 point instead of 3
Liverpool - we got 1 point instead of 3
Spurs - we got 0 points instead of 1
Chelsea - we got 0 points instead of 1
Stoke - Moses doesn't score we still lose 1-0
Palace - we got 0 points instead of 1
United - we got 0 points instead of 1

That's still only 8 points, not 17

Before he turned into an idiot, we were winning against; Leicester, Spurs & Palace.
He is the reason we lost against Chelsea.
He basically assisted Falcaos winner at OT when we were drawing.

He's [Poor language removed]. Why are we even discussing points lost anyway, should be discussing even further why this fraud will most likely be in goal come first game of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back